21-♫- Follow You into the Dark~ Pt. 2

A/N_ Bold and italisized means song lyrics. Just italisized means flashback.

~*~

♫-Chapter-Twenty One-part 2

Teegan POV

            “You don’t have that much longer,” the doctor’s grim tone says through the phone.

            I rub my face with my free hand, sinking down to the seat near the door in the secluded room.

            “Six months? Three days? Five years?” I ask, feeling choked up.

            “Based off of how frequent the spans of your deaf periods, I would say you have six months…a year and a half at most….” The doctor’s voice dwindles apologetically..

            his sympathy was tangible through the phone.

            It was scary to think about the day I would lose my hearing forever.

            I had so many plans with the guys.

            We were going to achieve a record deal…

            We were going to become the band that would be talked about for ages…

            “Teegan?” the doctor asks through the phone.

            “I’m here,” I respond gruffly, a lump forming in my throat.

            “As soon as you get back, visit the clinic again so I can run some more tests. I’m sorry about this Teegan….i really am…” the Doc continues.

            “I get it, Doc,” I respond back wearily, not even able to tell if it was his sympathy that I loathed, or just life in general.

            I hang up the call, my phone still clutched tightly in my palm as I stare at the wall.

            Nobody wanted to stay with a disabled right?

            I knew that the moment I lost my hearing, I would also lose my best friends….my life….music…

            Aria….

            The saying ‘ you won’t miss what you don’t have’ is what I am coining in on. It would easier for both Aria and I to not get involved…

            I stand up, grunting, my throat feeling dry and sore.

            Looking around for a bit, I set out to search for Aria. She feared the ocean and boats; she must be a mess I think to myself.

~*~

            Guilt flashes through Aria’s face as the words “I don’t like him” ring in my ears.

            The book slips out of her fingers and I briefly wonder if she even read the book.

            I step forward, intent on stopping the fight, but just as I cross the distance, Maria tumbles back, the journal flying out of her grasp.

            In the second that it takes for all of us to watch the journal hit the railing deck, Aria lunges for the book, reaching as far as she could to grab the journal, her feet dangling on railings.

            It only took one second. One slip, one stomach clenching moment and one scream as Aria tips into the ocean.

            It was only one second.