20-♪-Home

♪-Chapter- Twenty

                                                                        May be surrounded by

                                                                         A million people. I

                                                                         Still feel all alone

                                                                           I just wanna go home.

            You know that feeling when you first wake up and everything just feels like a ton of bricks have fallen on you?

            Waking up for me, felt like that. My body felt stiff and tired and my eyes were swollen.

            It was one of those days where I just wanted to sleep.

            Shifting my body, I turn to the other side and sigh, preparing to go back to sleep when my feet nudges something hard.

            I freeze, my eyes opening to see someone staring down at me.

            Feeling surprised and flustered, I feel my body lurch up.

            “Blythe?” I screech.

            Her wavy blond hair and speckled emerald eyes wide with surprise as well. Just above her right eyebrow, close to her hairline a faint scar is seen from the time we decides to ride on one scooter and Blythe drove us into a fence. A feeling of nostalgia and comfort hits me with a force that threw my thoughts in a scramble.

            Laughing, I tackle her, making her fall back.

            “When did you get back from Paris?” I ask.

            Blythe chuckles and we both sit cross-legged on the bed, facing each other. “I was supposed to get back next month in time for school to begin again-“

            My smile falls and I am left confused. “Why are you here then?”
            Blythe purses her pink lips at me, her eyebrows furrowing. “Gee, try not to sound so happy to see me. After all, I did fly my butt all the way here to see you.”

            Blythe sits back slightly to see my reaction and my mouth forms an o.

            “You did what!” I yell, making her jump.

            “Fuc-“ she cries as she desperately tries to grasp the sheets before toppling back off the bed.

            Stifling my laughter, Blythe’s head pops back out of the tangled covers on the ground, her hair now a bird’s nest.

            Blythe pouts slightly and I burst out laughing, clutching my stomach.

            “I’m leaving,” She glares at me, picking herself up with as much dignity as she could as she stomped to the door.

            “I was just kidding,” I chuckle, hopping up and dragging her back to sit with me. “Now,” I say, straightening my face. “What brought you back to the U S of A?”

            Blythe pushes my shoulder slightly at my teasing tone, plucking something up from behind me.   

            “Well,” she begins, her eyebrows rising as she reads what looks like a note.