11-♫-Hotspur

♫-Eleven

   Teegan:

            “Let it go Maria,” I snap, my fork clattering to the table.

            I can feel irritation bubbling in me.

            I was worried, scared, guilty and feeling major withdraws from not being able to see Aria.

            And to top it all off, Maria’s constant nagging was the last straw for me.

            “No,” Maria pouts. “I want to know what you guys were doing alone.”

            I close my eyes and breath deeply. I wasn’t feeling like myself. I rarely expressed my anger and here I was just about to rip Maria’s head off.

            “It’s none of your business,” I say slowly.

            Maria snorts. “To heck I am. You’re my boyfriend-“

            “Maybe I don’t want to be anymore-“ I interrupt, my eyes snapping open.

            I had lost Aria’s trust.

            I had hurt her.

            Maria gaps at me.

            “What do you mean?” she asks, her voice wavering.

            I look away from her, being such a coward that I couldn’t even carry through with my proposition.

            Putting my dirty dishes into the sink, the air is silent.

            I rest my hands on the kitchen counter feeling Maria’s burning gaze on me.

            “What. Do. You. Mean,” Maria grounds out again, her eyes filled with tears and anger.

            I sigh, facing her.

            “Look, Maria, I’m sorry for getting angry. I know you’re hurt I just…I can’t…. do thi-“

            “Don’t,” Maria seethes, holding up her hand.

            I fall silent, staring hopelessly at the floor.

            “You’re not yourself right now. That’s why you are saying all of this. I am going to leave right now and give you some time to recover and forget that we even had this conversation,” Maria says adamantly before shoving her chair back and walking out.

            The house door slams shut and seconds later the squeal of tires meet my ears.

            I sigh again.

            I was such a screw up.

            Just at that moment my phone rang.

            I Cross over to pick it up mumbling a half-hearted hello.

            “Why so glum chum?” Caitlyn asks, her light voice piercing through the phone.        

            “Hey Cat,” I breath out.

            “Maria?” She asks, a slight laugh in her voice.