28-♪- Collide

♪-Chapter- 28

            School was painfully awkward.

            Especially Spanish, math and literature because one boy in particular sat in a seat only a mere few seats beside me or within that same proximity.

            Teegan and I never talked about that night.

            I don’t even know if it meant anything to him. He was confusing and honestly, it was infuriating me at how I would think things would get better only to go ten steps back.

            Sighing, I slam my locker shut only to feel my eyes get covered.

            “Boo,” He chuckles by my ear.

            “Sup, loser?” I respond, turning around to see Zach.

            He grins at me, stuffing his hands in his pockets and looking sheepish. “So about lunch…”

            I narrow my eyes at his guilty expression.

            “if you cancel one more time-“ I begin.

            He suddenly drops o his knees, his hands clasped in front of his face. “Forgive me my dear Aria, my practical sister. I have done you wrong-“

            “Stop,” I hiss, people staring.

            He stops, looking guilty. “Sorry Aria but the boys and I have practice.”

            That’s right. Teegan and the boys were booked to preform in a local club in town and it was going to be one of the biggest events this week.

            They have been practicing for weeks.

            After that incident with Teegan after dinner at my house, it was now three weeks past that and I’ve only seen Teegan practicing with the boys. The word going around was that there was going to be a scouting agent at the club.

            This was their big chance.

            “Don’t worry about it,” I mumble, patting Zach’s shoulder and understanding what he had to do.

            “You da best,” he grins, giving me a bone-crushing hug. When I look over Zach’s shoulder, my eyes catch silver grey ones.

            Teegan stares intently at me for only a moment more, his lips down turned into a small frown before disappearing around the corner, his guitar strapped across his body.

~*~

            “Come on, live a little Aria,” Blythe pleads with me, trailing behind me as I make my way to my room.

            I look behind my shoulder, shooting her an impatient look. “for the last time, no. We’re underage Blythe.”

            She pouts. “but the boys are booked to play! We can sneak in-“

            “Oh no you don’t,” I cut her off, spinning around to face her. “Last time I saw that face on you, we ended up being lost in another state without money or a phone.”

            She glares at me, exasperated. “That was one time.”

            I turn around, entering my room and not hesitating before I belly flop onto my bed.