35-♪-Read All About It

*edited only once, beware:

♪-Chapter-35 

            It was one of those days.

            I knew it the moment I opened my eyes.

            Rolling over in my bed, I throw my arms and legs around Teegan, smushing my face into his chest.

            I hug him tight, anxiety eating away at me for some unknown reason. It was a feeling I couldn’t shake. Call it my sixth sense of some superstitious forewarning but all I wanted to do was stay in bed, sheltered in Teegan’s arms.

            Waking up, Teegan quietly runs his fingers through my hair, his fingertips brushing my shoulder. Pulling down his t-shirt that had ridden up my skin, I sigh into his skin.

            “You feel it too?” He asks me, his voice low and husky from just waking up.

            “Yeah,” I mutter. “What do you feel exactly?” I had to ask. I couldn’t even pinpoint the cause for my anxiety, but it was there, gnawing a hole into my mind.

            He doesn’t respond and after waiting for a good thirty seconds I look up, my gaze meeting his as he stares at me, a slight frown on his face.

            Don’t ask me how but I knew right then and there why this day was going to be a bad one.

            “This early?” I ask, making sure he can see my lips.

            He nods, his eyes tight despite the forced smile.

            “It’ll come back to me, give it a few hours,” He says. I couldn’t tell who he was assuring.

            Sighing, I drum my fingers on his chest. It was a good thing he had a doctor’s appointment today. Today was Saturday so we didn’t have to go to school, which, I guess was a good thing considering the fact that Teegan couldn’t hear right now.

            Last time it happened, it last half a day- the longest it’s ever lasted.

            “It’ll be okay,” I say, nodding.

            Entwining out fingers together Teegan kisses my knuckles, stroking my hair. “I know it will.”

            Even though he couldn’t hear me, resting my head on his chest, I tell him about growing up in middle school, getting my hair cut off by a girl who said she could cut hair but ended up nearly shaving my head off. I told him about the day I tried to steal a parrot but the store had trained him to say ‘I am getting stolen. I am getting stolen’

            The entire time that I babble around random stuff, Teegan continues to stroke my hair, his fingers squeezing mine as he slowly presses a kiss onto my forehead every few minutes.

            Even though he couldn’t hear me, lying there in his arms, the early ray of light dawning on us, I was content to just talk. I was content to feel the rise and fall of his chest and the slight vibration of my voice against his beating heart.

            At some point, my eyes began to drift shut again as his fingers ran through my hair soothingly, his lips brushing my ear, whispering how much he loved me.

            I didn’t even know I feel asleep until I woke up to the sound of Teegan singing softly, his voice crisp, throaty and something entirely indescribable. Still engulphing me in his arms, my body over his, Teegan sings quietly, not even realizing I was awake.