5-♪- Set Fire to the Rain

♪-Chapter-5

            I fiddle nervously with the zipper to Teegan's jacket as I sit awkwardly on the big stereo in the corner.

            Four guys sit intimidatingly nearby in a loose circle, the deep vibrations from the electric guitar sending prickles of Goosebumps over me.

            Teegan had disappeared five minutes ago into the kitchen and it was now just his "crew" and me.

            Teegan had called them is band mates, but Crew was close enough, right?

            I swallow hard, the awkward silence surrounding me to the point where my thoughts came to jumbled conclusions.

            To get rid of this awkward silence, I should either

A)   Say something

B)   Start a conversation in relation to A or

C)   Go ballistic and start destroying things in my path like hulk.

            One of the three was bound to be a conversation starter.

            Just as I open my mouth however, someone cuts in.

            "So what school did you say you went to again?" a blonde said, his longish, windswept hair styled to the side efficiently giving him a band boy look. His golden hair hovers over his emerald green eyes, the light catching on his small, one ear piercing.

            I think his was name was Zach or something like that...

            I smile a strained smile. "Wutherton high."

            Recognition flickers through his face for a few brief moments and I can only imagine what he is thinking.

            Wutherton High was that private school. The place where snitchy prep girls and egotistical males went.

            He must have thought I belonged to one category.

            Well... I could only belong to one category because I was a girl....

            On cue, Zach discreetly rolls his eyes and slouches further in his seat, lazily picking at his electric guitar, the notes ABGD ringing out into the air.

            The other two lounging around don't respond.

            The one who went by Tro sat near Zach, expertly twisting his drumsticks around his fingers. Absent mindingly tapping his sticks against his knee, the electrifying beat fizzling out in the air.

            Tro's shaggy brown hair reached down just a little past his ears, nearly shoulder length. His defined face and high cheekbones must have been a crowd pleaser...for the ladies.

            Stomping his feet along with the beat, Zach pitches in a couple moaning notes from the electric bass until Trey plays a quiet melody on his keyboard.

            Trey was the quiet one. His dirty blond hair is cut short with his black-rimmed glasses resting comfortably on his face. Instead of making him look nerdy though, the black glasses only accentuated his azure, blue eyes and German decent with a strong jawbone.

            As all three of them get lost in the music, I close my eyes and listen the steady beat and gripping melody rendering me captive under its spell.