Chapter 3

===========================♛===========================

I woke up to something hitting me. It was still the middle of the night. 

"Carl? What's wrong?" I groaned. I sat up while rubbing my eyes. I heard gurgling and started to panic. At this point, I was wide awake. "Is he-Is he dead?"

"I don't know," Carl said, tears tumbling down his face. He pulled me back in case he was dead. Carl started to breathe heavily as Rick reached towards us. He grabbed his gun off the floor, took off the safety, and aimed. Only he couldn't do it. Rick fell of the couch and started to inch his way towards us. Carl began sobbing. I put my hands over his in case we did have to shoot Rick.

"I can't," Carl cried, the gun falling to his side. Rick's handed latched onto his foot. 

"It's alright," I said. Truth was, I couldn't shoot him either. 

"I was wrong. Just do it," Carl said.

"Carl," I said, looking at him with tears in my eyes.

"Carl," Rick said before wheezing.

"Rick," I breathed out in relief. He was alive. 

"Don't go outside. Stay safe," Rick managed to say through ragity breaths before he fell limp. Carl moved away from my touch and gently placed Rick's head in his lap.

"I'm scared," Carl admitted. I sat next to Carl and gave him a side hug. "I'm scared."

"We're okay. Rick's okay," I whispered in his ear.

----------

The next morning Rick was awake. He was upset with Carl, but awake. That's all we could ask for. I let him have a talk with Carl while I tried to find a rag.

"Here, Rick. I found a rag to clean of the blood on your face," I said, crouching down in front of him. 

"Thanks, Rori," Rick said as I began whipping any leftover blood off his face.

"I'm glad your alright," I met his gaze and smiled. Car; stood up and walked to the kitchen, pouring us some cereal 

"Yeah. I'm sorry about Will," Rick said. I paused momentarily. 

"That's alright," I said, setting the rag down. I sat next to him and said a quick thanks to Carl as I was handed a small bowl of cereal. We ate in silence. The boys grabbed their guns when we heard a knock at the door. I watched Rick with wide eyes as he began laughing. Carl and I shared a concerned glance.

"What?" Carl whispered to his dad.

"It's for you guys," Rick said with a smile. I helped Carl push the couch a little, so we could open the door. Carl gave me one last glance before yanking open the door. On the other end was a crying Michonne.