Chapter 45

I cried alongside most people as we watched Abraham be brutally beaten to death

I cried alongside most people as we watched Abraham be brutally beaten to death. I wanted to jump up, yell, and beg him to stop. 

"Oh look at that! Taking it like a champ!" Negan cheered as blood dripped down Abraham's face.

"Suck...my...nuts," Abraham spat out. That seemed to anger Negan, and he hit Abraham again.  And again. And again. Again. Once more. And finally, he stopped.

"Did you hear that? He said, "Suck my nuts." Negan chuckled before hitting Abraham twelve more times. By now, he was barely recognizable. And very much dead. "Oh, my goodness! Look at this.  You guys, look at my dirty girl!" He smiled, pointing the bat at Rosita. "Sweetheart, lay your eyes on this. Oh, damn. Were you-Were you together? That sucks. But if you were, you should know there was a reason for all this. Red and hell, he was, is, and will ever be red. He just took one or six or seven for the team! So take a damn look. Take a damn look!"

Daryl snapped and jumped to his feet. He managed to land one punch on Negan before he was yanked back. Without thinking, I stood up and took a swing at the guy behind Daryl. 

"Aurora!" I heard Dad exclaim. Daryl got a second punch on Negan as the guy I had managed to punch stumbled away. He was quick to recover and grabbed Daryl again, and soon I felt myself being grabbed, too.

"Daryl!" Rick called out Daryl was pinned to the ground and I was slammed back into the circle. 

"No!" Negan shouted, pointing his bat at Daryl. "That. Oh, my! That is a no-no.  The whole thing! Not one bit of that shit flies here." Dwight ran over with the crossbow, pointing it at Daryl.

"Do you want me to do it?" Dwight asked. Daryl grunted on the ground. 

"No, you don't kill them. Not until you try a little," Negan answered. They dragged Daryl back into the circle. "And anyway, that's not how it works. Now, I already told you people. First one's free, then what'd I say? I said I would shut that shit down! No exceptions. Now, I don't know what kind of lying assholes you've been dealing with but I'm a man of my word. First impressions are important. I need you to know me. So...Back to it!"

"Dad!" I cried out, watching the barbed wire slice through dad's head. Mom and I cries became loud than anyone else's.

"No!" Mom screamed as she cried. I felt sick to my stomach watching this happen. Dad's face was covered in blood and his eyeball had popped out. He choked on his own blood as he tried to speak. Negan leaned down and got in dad's messed-up face.

"Buddy, you still there? I just don't know. it seems like you're trying to speak, but you just took a hell of a hit. I just popped your skull so hard, your eyeball just popped out and it is gross as shit!" Negan laughed his cruel, evil laugh. I couldn't tear my eyes away from him despite the fact I desperately wanted to.

"M-maggie, Rori, I'll find you," Dad stuttered out. I cried harder.

"Oh. Oh, hell. I can see this is hard on you guys. I am sorry. I truly am. But I did say it. No exceptions!" Negan smiled, swinging his bat on the side of Dad's face.