Chapter 26

===========================♛===========================

"Hey," a sharp whisper brought my eyes away from the sky and towards the figure in front of me. 

"Hey," I relaxed, seeing it was only Will. Will walked over to me and stood in front of me. 

"Want to go on an adventure?" Will asked.

"An adventure," I chuckled quietly. 

"Yes, an adventure," Will said. 

"Alright then." I nodded and let Will pull me to my feet.  We then walked through the dark streets, trying to be as quiet as possible. "Are you going to tell me where we're going?'

"Sh," Will said quickly. I looked at him as we reached the walls. "Climb."

"What?" I asked, looking at the tall wall.

"Climb up the wall," Will repeated. 

"Okay," I nodded awkwardly and placed my foot on one of the beams. I reached up, grabbing onto the vertical beam. Pulling myself up, I continued to climb the large wall. It echoed under me slightly as my throwing knives clashed against it. I threw my leg over the top of the wall and began to climb down the other side. Once I was close enough to the ground, I let go of the wall and landed on my feet. Moments later, Will was stood beside me. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me through the dark forest. 

"Where are we going?" I asked Will.

"Just stay close to me," Will replied. I rolled my eyes at him. Why couldn't he just tell me where we were going? The twig snapped under our feet as we made our way further into the forest. After walking for what felt like several minutes, we came to a sharp stop. Will turned towards me, walking close to me. Our noses were almost touching. I became nervous. Not because I liked what he was doing, but because it felt awkward. 

"What are you doing?" I asked carefully. I shoved my hands into my jacket in order to keep myself warm.

"Catching up," Will replied. He took a step away from me. I looked at the ground awkwardly. Will let out a loud sigh. "We have to talk about it."

"What's there to talk about? You told me to move on and I did," I shrugged like it was nothing. 

"Look, I said that because-"

"Because you thought you were going to die, I know," I interrupted. I kicked some twig on the ground. Will fell into a silence. "I had just lost my Grandfather and I thought I had lost you, too. And then not even a week later I lost my Aunt. My best friend. Do you even know how that feels? To those your family and then your boyfriend?"

"Yeah, well, you moved on pretty quickly," Will snapped. I looked at him with teary eyes and crinkled eyebrows. 

"What's that supposed to mean?" Will sighed once more. He stared at me for a second before shaking his head.