Chapter 14

===========================♛===========================

I jerked awake, feeling a burning pain run up my side. I instantly cried out.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Carl's face came in my line of my vision.

"My hip hurts," I said shakily. Tears poured down my face.

"Rori, just stay awake and be quiet," Rosita said. Carl tried to comfort me, holding my hand, brushing my hair away from my eyes, basically anything he could do to make me feel better.

"Where is everybody else?" I asked. My head shot towards the door when I heard voices. I looked back at Carl who held a finger to his lip. My parents, Rick, Michonne, Carol, and Daryl weren't in here with us.

"Well, I guess you know where here. And we know you're here. And we're armed. So there's really no point in hiding anymore," I heard a male's voice.

"Who is that?" I whisper asked Carl, trying not to move too much. Carl's eyes stayed on the door, his gun aimed just in case somebody tried to come in.

"Gareth. Long story short, he bit Bob's leg off and now he is after us," Carl quietly explained. I nodded and looked over at Bob. He looked sweaty and like he was in pain. A long, defining pause filled the air.

"We've been watching you. We know who's here. There's Bob unless you've put him out of his misery already. And Eugene. Rosita. Martin's good friend Tyreese. Aurora, who could be dead right now. Carl. Judith. Rick and the rest walked out. With a lot of your guns. Listen, we don't know where you all are, but this isn't a big place. So let's just stop this now before things get more painful than they need to be." I could hear the floorboards creak outside the door before the doorknob began to jingle. Somebody was trying to open it.

"Look, you're behind one of these two doors. We have enough firepower to take down both. Can't imagine that's what you all want," Gareth said and we heard a gun cock. "How about the priest? Father, you help us wrap this up and we'll let you walk away from this. Just open the door and you can go. You can take the baby with you. What do you say?" My eyes traveled to Judith who began to cry. Carl rushed over to his sister, pulling her into his arms. 

"It's your last chance right now to tell us you're coming out," Gareth said. I heard him mumble something to his partner before a loud thud sounded outside the door. My stomach twisted harshly, and I fought the vomit making its way up my throat.

"Put your guns on the floor," I heard Rick say.

"Rick, we'll fire right into that office. So lower your gun- Ah!" Gareth cried out and fell to the floor. I searched the small room for a trash can. Luckily, there was one near me. 

"Put your guns on the floor and kneel," Rick said.

"Do what he says," Gareth barely managed to squeak out. "Martin, there's no choice here."

"Yeah, there is," a man, Martin I'm assuming, said.

"Want to bet?" Abraham's voice appeared in the mix. I could hear Gareth's weak gasps.

"No point in begging, right?" Gareth asked.

"No."

"Still, you could've killed us when you came in. There had to be a reason for that," Gareth said.

"We didn't want to waste the bullets," Rick said simply.

"We used to help people. We saved people. Things changed. They came in and-" Gareth let out a pain-filled groan. "After that... I know that you've been out there, but I can see it. You don't know what it is to be hungry. You don't have to do this. We can walk away. And we will never cross paths again. I promise you."

"But you'll cross someone's path. You'd do this to anyone, right? Besides, I already made you a promise," I heard a blade enter Gareth's head, and lots of screaming before it finally became quiet. I couldn't do it. The vomit burned my throat and I couldn't conceal it. I let the vomit flow out into the small trash can.

"Rori? Rosita?" I heard Carl's concerned voice. Rosita rushed towards me, pulling my hair away from my face. 

"Maggie! Glenn!" I heard Rosita call out to my parents. They came running in. 

"What happened? Her wound looked better this morning," Mom said, taking Rosita's place. 

"I think it's just her body fighting the infection. She'll be alright," Rosita said. Finally, the vomiting came to a stop and I fell in Mom's arms, completely exhausted.

------------

The next morning was Bob's 'funeral.' He wasn't dead yet, but he would be soon. Everybody agreed that we should say our final words to him.

"You'll always be with us. Part of us," Mom said, sitting next to Bob. She gently kissed his hand before placing back on his stomach. He smiled at her. Mom returned to mine and Dad's side. 

"Rori, I don't want to see you for a long time after I go. Fight that infection," Bob said. His voice was weak, but it was there.

"Will do, Bob," I saluted him playfully. He chuckled lightly.

"Rick. No, don't." I heard Bob say as Dad walked through the door with me on his back. 

"Time for pills," Mom said. I groaned and buried my head in Dad's shoulder. 

"Come on, it's not that bad," I could practically sense Mom rolling her eyes.

"Yeah, if I could take them on an empty stomach they wouldn't be bad," I said, lifting my head and resting my chin on Dad's shoulder. 

"You need to eat," Mom replied.

"What if I throw up again," I practically whined. 

"Rosita said it's your body's way of fighting the infection. It would be a good thing," Dad said.

"Throwing up is never a good thing," I scoffed.

===========================♛===========================

A/N: Sorry it's extremely short. I haven't really felt like writing lately but hopefully, I will be more motivated soon! Any comments or votes would help me want to write!