Chapter 32

I stumbled back towards the house trying to avoid anyone else

I stumbled back towards the house trying to avoid anyone else. At least if anyone attacked me, I had my gun in my hand. In all honesty, it was a mess out here. Quickly, I climbed up the steps and crashed into the house, pulling the door closed behind me.

"Holy crap!" I exclaimed when I saw Carl turn the corner, his gun pointed at me. 

"Goddammit, Rori! You scared me," Carl sighed, pulling me into a hug. He pulled away slightly to look at my neck. "What happened? Are you alright?"

"Yeah, don't worry about it," I said and pulled away from him. 

"Worry? You're my girlfriend, of course, I'm going to worry!" Carl yelled.

"That doesn't matter at the moment, I think it's over. I think all the 'W' guys are dead," I said, walking over and placing my gun on the kitchen counter.

"You sure?" Carl asked, his eyebrows wrinkling together. 

"Yes. It was quiet out there. Lots of dead bodies, too."

"I'm just glad it's over. At least, for now." 

"Me too, Carl. Me too," I sighed.

Carl sighed, running his hand through his hair. "But Rori, you may be my girlfriend but don't think I'm not going to tell your parents about this when it's over."

----------------

By that afternoon, a lot of things had happened. Many people had returned, but not alone. The plan had gone south quickly. Will, Matt, and Dad had yet to return. Along with a few other people, which had us full of worry. Sasha and Abraham were still driving the walkers away, while Rick was back. Half the walkers had split away when the 'W' man had attacked, which caused the plan to be almost completely ruined.

"You can hear it," Rick said walking over to where all (or what was left) Of Alexandria was gathered. "Some of you saw it. They got back here, half of them. Still enough to surround us 20 deep. Look, I know you're scared. You haven't seen anything like this. You haven't been through anything like this. But we're safe for now. The panel the truck hit seems intact. We reinforced it just in case. Either way, the wall's gonna hold together. Can you? The others, they're gonna be back." 

"They're gonna be back," Rosita nodded. I adjusted the bandana that  I had around my neck. I was using it to try and hide the handprint. It would only make my mom worry more.

"Daryl, Abraham, Sasha, they have vehicles. They're gonna lead 'em away just like the others. And Glenn and Nicholas are gonna walk back through the front gate after. They know what they're doing and we know what we need to do. We keep noise to a minimum. Pull our blind at night. Even better, keep the lights out. We'll try to make this place as quiet as a graveyard, see if they move on," Rick explained.

"This place is a graveyard," Some girl with short brown hair said. I wasn't sure of her name, but then again, I didn't know most people here. Rick stared at her, not saying anything. Behind us, I could hear the walkers banging and moaning on the walls. The sound echoed off the metal panels.