Chapter 25

===========================♛===========================

I strolled down the streets of Alexandria with Carl, who was pushing Judith in a stroller. The rest of our group walked by each other for a little bit before separating. 

"These people here seem nice," I said to Carl as we walked.

"They do," Carl agreed with a nod.

"Maybe this will be our home. A home where we can raise Judith," I said.

"I hope is. We need it," Carl said.

"She's a cute baby." I looked up when an elderly woman spoke. She was sitting on her front porch with what looked to be her husband. I shared a small smile with Carl.

"Thank you," Carl said. 

"If you wouldn't mind, could I maybe see her? I haven't seen a baby that young in a while," the elderly woman said. 

"Sure," Carl nodded. He bent down and unbuckled Judith from the stroller. He then picked her up and we walked towards the couple.

"She is adorable," the man said. 

"Thank you," Carl said. The woman smiled at Judith brightly.

"I'm sorry to ask, but are you guys new here? I don't recognize you three," the man said. 

"Yeah, we just arrived here yesterday. Uh, I'm Aurora but most people call me Rori, and this is Carl. And of course, his sister Judith," I said to the sweet couple.

"Well, it's nice to meet you three. I'm Bob Miller, and this is my wife Natalie," the man, Bob, said. 

"Well, aren't you a sweetheart," Natalie cooed at Judith. 

"How old are you kids?" Bob asked.

"Well, uh, I'm fourteen," I said. 

"And I'm fifteen. Just turned fifteen a few weeks ago. We tried to guess when June 27th," Carl smiled, looking at Bob.

"Happy late birthday then," Bob said.

"Thank you," Carl nodded.

"Hey," Rick said as he walked up the porch. 

"Hey, Rick," I said. Rick nodded at me.

"Jessie said that Ron wanted to meet you guys now. I can take Judith if you want to head over there," Rick offered. 

"Alright, thank Dad," Carl said, passing Judith to him.

"You kids have fun," Rick said, shifting Judith in his arms.

"It was nice meeting you guys," I said with a small wave at Natalie and Bob.

"It was nice meeting you, too," the couple said. Carl walked hand in hand towards Jessie's house.