Chapter 34

I walked down the streets of Alexandria with Carl

I walked down the streets of Alexandria with Carl. "So, Uhm, is there anything going on with you and Enid?" I asked. Carl looked at me like I was crazy.

"Of course not," he replied.

"You sure? Cause Ron said-" Carl's head snapped towards me.

"What did Ron say? You shouldn't believe him," Carl said before I could finish talking. 

"If you would've let me finish talking," I sent him a glare, "I would've said that he told me you wanted to go after Enid. Which I thought was weird since when I tried to go after her, you had a huge fit about it."

"That was because it was dangerous, there were people out there trying to kill us and you didn't even think, you just ran out the door!" Carl exclaimed, stopping to look at me. 

"It was just as dangerous as you going out there now! Walkers are surrounding us on all sides and even if you made it past them, they'd follow you. You would've been in danger either way. At least if I made it out I wouldn't have been in danger anymore," I yelled. 

"You're kidding, are you that jealous," Carl smirked.

"I am not jealous," I huffed, crossing my arms. 

"Yeah, you are jealous and I think it's adorable," Carl said, stepping close to me.

"Stop it. I'm trying to be mad at you and I can't be mad at you if-" I paused, looking into the sky. 

"What is it, Rora?" Carl asked, looking confused. 

"My dad," I whispered.

"What?" Carl's eyebrows furrowed as he looked at me. I pointed at the sky, where green balloons were floating in the air.

"It's my dad. That's his sign," I replied happily. He was alive. "He's alive!" I smiled at Carl, wrapping my arms around his neck and digging my face into his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around my waist. We looked up as we heard wood cracking. At that moment, my arms around Carl, everything went to hell. 

------------

Everyone ran. One of the only things stopping the walkers from getting in had just crushed part of the wall. Dust clouded the air, making it nearly impossible to see.  

"Go, Carl! We've got to get back to the house!" I yelled, shooting some walkers. I heard gunshots in the distance. 

"Rori, wait!" Carl yelled behind me. I turned around and grabbed his hand.

"Good, you're safe. Come on," Rick said as we joined him, Gabriel, Michonne, and Deanna who were running from a huge herd. Deanna seemed to be injured, her arm thrown over Rick's shoulder. I stabbed a walker in the head, ripping my knife back out. Some walkers stumbled in front of us, blocking our way. Thankfully, Jesse was there and shot some of the walkers, clearing us away.