Chapter 12

===========================♛===========================

Carl shot one of the walkers with his gun. Daryl shot another with his crossbow. Michonne jammed her gun against the walker's head, smashing it. Carol stabbing another walker. And finally, Daryl shot the last walker with his crossbow. Daryl quickly ripped his arrow out of the walker's head.

"We're clear. Keep watch," Rick ordered before turning to Carl. "Take her for a second." Rick untied the rope around us and slowly helped me glide down his back. Carl picked me up easily. To be fair, I was underweight and still shorter than him. 

"I gotcha," Carl whispered as I wrapped my arms around his neck. I was still exhausted, so I laid my head on his shoulder. Carl shifted me slightly and held open the hand that was supporting my back. I took the small amount of food from his hands so he could hold me.

"Come on down," Rick said to the man on the rock. The man slowly shimmied down the rock before finally landing on the grown with a "plop." He leaned against the rock, looking between everyone. "You okay?" The man held up his pointer finger before vomit spewed out of his mouth. Most of the group rolled their eyes and looked away. I buried my head in Carl's shoulder. My stomach was already doing cartwheels and I really did not want to throw up too.

"Sorry," the man quietly said once he was done. He ran a hand across his mouth before standing up straight. "Yes. Thank you. I'm Gabriel."

"Do you have any weapons on you?" Rick asked. Gabriel chuckled softly. 

"Do I look like I would have any weapons?" Gabriel asked.

"We don't give two short and curlies what it looks like," Abraham said.

"I have no weapons of any kind," Gabriel confirmed with a short nod. "The word of God is the only protection I need."

"Sure didn't look like it," Daryl said.

"I called for help. Help came," Gabriel smiled. His smile dropped when nobody returned it. 

"Do you have any food? Whatever I-I had left, it just hit the ground," Gabriel said, looking at the ground.

"We got some pecans," Carl said. I held out my hand towards him. He took them. 

"Thank you. Are you alright?" Gabriel asked. I didn't answer. Instead, I laid my head back on Carl's shoulder. 

"She's fine," Rick said right as Judith started to coo lightly. Gabriel turned his attention to her.

"That's a beautiful child," Gabriel said. Rick stared at him, his face held no emotion. "Do you have a camp?"

"No. Do you?" Rick asked immediately. Gabriel's eyes flicker over to me and Carl before he nodded.

"I have a church."

"Hold your hands above your head," Rick said. Gabriel did as he was told. Rick began to pat him down. My eyes slowly started to close until Carl shifted me.