Chapter Seven

A/N: hello, welcome to padie-land

this is yet another cute, fluffy chapter that will melt all your problems away 🥰

quick recap of the last chapter: adie and peter kiss on new years and now they're finally finally together and from now on, there will be many, many cute and romantic moments

enjoy the chapter!

————————————————————

"It's a date, bugboy."

————————————————————

Mr. Stark, apparently, was not fond of the idea of her sleeping over at anyone's house, not even Viv's.

Who knew that getting hospitalized twice in the same year would cause him to tighten his rules on where she could and couldn't go? So, despite really, really, really not wanting to, Adelaide had to say goodbye to Peter. For tonight.

"What if I pretend to have a heart attack?" Peter mumbled lowly against her lips.

"He'll see right through you," she whispered, stealing another kiss.

She couldn't believe she could kiss him now. Just like that.

After Tony refused to let her sleepover, Peter took them back to the party which was pretty much dead at that point. There were hardly any people left. She and Peter were standing alone behind a tree in Flash's backyard, away from wandering eyes. Adelaide was leaning back against the trunk as Peter stood just a breath away from her.

"What if I told him I accidentally webbed our hands together?" he asked with a small pout on his lips.

He was brainstorming ways Mr. Stark would let him go home with Ada because he didn't want to spend a moment away from her. It was not going so well.

"He'll cut through the webs," she replied, kissing his pouting lips again.

He reached down, curling his hands around the backs of her knees and hoisting her up so she was taller than him. Adelaide laughed quietly, wrapping her legs around him to hold herself up. He grinned, tilting his head up to kiss her again and again and again.

"What if," he murmured against her mouth, "I tell him that I just...don't want to let you go?"

"Mm, before you do that," she whispered, twirling her fingers through his curls, "just let me know what kind of flowers you want at your funeral."

Peter smiled at her. That adorable, completely dorky, lopsided smile that made her eyes crinkle with a happiness she couldn't describe and her heart sing.

"Well, what are your favorite flowers?" he asked.

"Chrysanthemums," she said. He kissed her again.

"Then I want chrysanthemums at my funeral," he said. She rolled her eyes, not bothering to hide her smile.

"You're a dork," she whispered. Her lips brushed against his as she spoke, but she didn't move in to kiss him.

Peter closed his eyes, inhaling deeply. She still smelled like Christmas. Just hours ago, he had been dreaming about what it would be like to hold Ada like this and he had been heartbroken on the sidewalk, alone on New Year's Eve. But here he was now, holding his most favorite person in the world in his arms and he couldn't have asked for a better way to start the new year.

It's funny how things work out sometimes.

"But I'm your dork," he grinned. She laughed quietly, gently brushing the tip of his nose with hers.