Chapter Ten

A/N: hello lovelies

sorry the update is so late!! i've been up since 6:30 but man, it has been a busy day and i'm ignoring my english homework to post this lol

anyway, super cute + fluffy chapter, enjoy!

————————————————————
"You're so damn irresistible,

you know that?"
————————————————————

"So we have this entire penthouse for ourselves for the rest of the evening?" Peter asked, looking around the living room.

Adelaide grinned knowingly. Tony and Pepper were out on some wedding errands and so it was just her and Peter for this particular evening after school in this huge penthouse. All by their lonesome selves with absolutely nothing to do.

"Just you and me, bugboy," she said.

"Well, I have an idea," he said suggestively and Adelaide walked up to him slowly — so slowly it was painful — until she was standing right in front of him. She reached up and began playing with the top button on his shirt teasingly.

"And what's that?" she asked quietly.

Peter looked down at her as she continued to twist his button between her fingers. Suddenly, he reached up, grabbing her wrist. Adelaide stopped, looking up innocently at him through her lashes as if she had no idea what she was doing to him.

Without warning, Peter swept her off of her feet in one swift motion and was holding her bridal style in his arms. Adelaide laughed, holding onto him as he walked her towards her room. She was too invested in looking at his face from so close where she could see his very faint freckles scattered along the bridge of his nose and under his eyes. There were flakes and wisps of gold and amber in his chocolate brown eyes.

It wasn't until her back hit her bed that she realized they had reached her room.

Peter immediately joined her on her bed, hovering over her by holding himself up with his hands. Adelaide grinned, her eyes running over his face as she took him in like this, his body inches away from hers. Peter smiled gently at her expression as he realized what she was thinking about.

"You look so great like this," he mumbled, his eyes running over her lips as they pulled upwards into laughter at his statement.

"Like this?" she asked.

"Yeah...like this. Like you're in love. With me. Which makes me the luckiest guy in the world," he said, staring at her lips. Her stomach flipped.

"You know what would make you even luckier?" she asked. Peter barely heard her. He was mesmerized by the thrill of the moment. And by the glow in her blue eyes as they caught the setting sun from the window.

"Hm?"

"If you shut up and kissed me," she said.

"Whatever you say, love," Peter whispered and then got rid of the sinful distance between their lips and began kissing her slowly. Adelaide reached up to cup his face and then slid her hands back until she was holding onto the nape of his neck in an effort to pull him closer against her.

"You're right," he mumbled against her lips, "I do feel luckier."

Adelaide grinned, innocently sliding her hands back down to his chest where she fumbled with the top button on there. The stubborn thing just wouldn't open. Probably because when she was kissing Peter, it was impossible to even remember her own name so opening a button took the intellectual equivalence of launching a rocket into space. Peter chuckled lowly and she felt his lips curling into a grin as they kissed hers. He reached up with one hand and easily unbuttoned the top button. And then the next one, and then one more just for fun.