Chapter Thirty-Eight

A/N: hellooo

posting early cause i finished my midterm today and i'm so relieved 😅

there's a whole lot going on this chapter and it's kinda long too, so hopefully you guys enjoy it!

————————————————————
"Great, now I can look

like an animal in a zoo

exhibit wearing a cap."
————————————————————

Since her rib was doing much better and was almost healed, Peter came over more than once a week.

Sometimes they ate dinner together and other times they just watched tv. Tonight, they'd finished dinner and then spontaneously decided to watch a movie so they headed to her room.

But Tony caught them on their way and, of course, he had some fatherly suggestions.

"I want the door wide open, got it?" the billionaire said as he stood in the doorway of her room, staring down the two teenagers sitting on the couch together.

"Tony," she groaned, hiding her face in her hands. She couldn't believe he still didn't trust them. It was embarrassing.

"Hey, you should be grateful you two are even in the same room, alright?" Tony said in his 'dad' tone that he had been using a lot lately ever since he had found out about the two of them. Adelaide narrowed her eyes challengingly at him.

"Is he bothering you two?" Pepper asked, coming up behind the billionaire. Their knight in shining armor.

"A little bit, yes," Tony said and Peter looked at Adelaide who just shook her head and rolled her eyes at the ceiling.

"Tony, we talked about this," Pepper sighed quietly.

"I don't know what you're talking about, I was just opening this door," he shrugged, closing and opening it again, "See?"

"Don't do this," Pepper mumbled, putting her hand on the billionaire's shoulder.

"You're gonna have to be more specific, honey," Tony said, opening the door even wider than Adelaide thought was possible. He had actually gone crazy.

"Alright what if we closed it halfway and got a glass of something strong in you?" Pepper said, lightly pulling the billionaire away from her room.

"Halfway? How sure are you about halfway? Cause the way I see it—"

"I swear to god I will lock this door," Adelaide groaned.

"—halfway is perfect," the billionaire finished. He smiled his signature Tony Stark smile at the teenager, pulling the door halfway closed.

Adelaide shared a look with Pepper as the woman dragged the billionaire into the kitchen to get some alcohol in him. Adelaide thought she heard him saying something to Pepper about putting up more security cameras but she decided it'd be best if she let Pepper handle that one.

"Sorry about that," Adelaide sighed, sinking into her sofa next to Peter.

"It's still crazy to see that you've known him for so long," Peter said. She looked over at him.