Chapter Fifty-Five

A/N: part two of the double update!

not as sad as the last one so hopefully it's not too depressing lol

————————————————————
"A quick briefing on today's events.

Our daughters have turned against us.
————————————————————

"She's gonna have me deaf before I turn sixty," Tony mumbled as he rocked his screaming infant. It was almost dinner time for them and Morgan just wouldn't stop crying long enough for them to even set the table.

"What, you're not already sixty?" Adelaide said as she tried shaking her little sister's favorite rattle in front of her. Morgan wasn't even paying attention. And Adelaide thought she cried a lot.

"You're hilarious," he muttered.

"Just saying, a little eye cream every night before bed..."

"Okay, unless you've got something helpful to contribute—" he snapped.

"Stop," Adelaide said suddenly, lightly hitting his arm, "This is exactly what she wants. For us to turn against each other." Morgan stopped crying. Tony and Adelaide glanced at each other.

"Hit me again," Tony whispered, staring at the baby in his arms. Adelaide hit his arm again. Morgan gave them a teary smile. Adelaide hit him again, a bit harder this time. Morgan giggled.

"Oh, she's definitely my sister," Adelaide grinned, taking her into her arms, "Aren't you, Mor? You think the big, grumpy, old man is annoying too, don't you?" Adelaide spun around with her still in her arms while Tony glared at the two of them, rubbing his sore arm.

"You trained her to do this," he accused. Adelaide laughed, nuzzling her face into the crook of Morgan's neck to tickle her, making her laugh. It was the most adorable little sound she'd ever heard.

"Just wait until she gets older. We're gonna tag-team getting back for every prank you've ever pulled," Adelaide told him as the front door of their cabin opened. It was Pepper.

"Oh good, you're home. A quick briefing on today's events. Our daughters have turned against us," Tony told his wife. Pepper grinned, walking over to take Morgan into her arms. Morgan gave her a big, toothless grin, excited to see her mother again. Tony nodded. "So it's just me, then. Perfect. I change your diapers more, you know."

"Tony made dinner today," Adelaide told Pepper as she walked into the kitchen to set the table. Pepper glanced at Tony, her eyebrows raised.

"And the house is still in one piece," she said, walking over to him and giving him a peck on the lips, "I'm impressed."

"Honey, you should know I'm a man of many talents," he smiled, following Pepper into their kitchen.

Morgan had already had her dinner, but they didn't want her to feel excluded from the official family dinner so they still let her sit with them as they ate dinner together. Pepper laid Morgan into her mini kitchen crib which was basically just a regular crib on wheels. She began playing with her hanging mobile eagerly.

"What's the menu tonight?" Pepper asked, opening up the pot, "Chili?"

"American classic," Tony said, "Also the easier of dinners to cook. Less room for error."