Chapter Twenty-Six

A/N: hellooo!

this is the chapter, guys. this is The One. i tried to build it up as best i could so i hope it's satisfying enough!

also, no gif, but, instead, this is my very first vlog that i've ever done and i'm super excited to share it with you guys! it's basically a week in my life during finals season and turning 20 so please watch it and let me know what you think!!

other than that, enjoy the chapter!

————————————————————
"Sam Jackson was in your

kindergarten class?"
————————————————————

"The four of us should go on a double date," Vivian said one afternoon while they were studying for the decathlon. Before Adelaide could even reply, Flash butted in.

"Betty and I would love to join you guys. You know, as a couple," he said, taking her hand. She slapped his hand away with a frown.

"Over my dead body," she mumbled.

They were doing a group study session in the final week before their competition and it was safe to say their studying had slightly ventured off topic.

"You know, one of these days, Betty Brant, you're going to fall madly in love with me but I'll be taken by Adelaide and you'll be too late," he glanced over at Peter who was giving him a humorous look like yeah, right, "Sorry, Parker. But not sorry." Flash winked at Adelaide, biting his lip and she bit back a laugh.

"I don't know," Adelaide said, "There's only one person I'd consider cheating on Peter with."

Betty's eyes widened at the first sign of potential gossip and she leaned forward, "Ooh, who is it? Is it Abe?"

Adelaide frowned, glancing over at Abe who was furiously scribbling something down on a paper on his own table. She shook her head. She barely even knew Abe.

"No, not Abe," she said.

"Then who?" Peter asked cautiously. She smiled at him across the table and then shrugged nonchalantly.

"Spider-Man," she said and his worried face broke into a relieved smile. He laughed a bit, shaking his head.

"Ugh, the things I would do to get Spider-Man to kiss me," Betty said dreamily. If only she knew she kind of already had. Adelaide frowned at her.

"I thought you didn't trust him because he wore a mask," she reminded the girl. Betty scoffed.

"That's not true! Okay, maybe it's a little true. But ever since he saved us in DC...I might trust him a bit more," she admitted.

"Spider-Man is way too good for either of you," Flash said, "He's my— I-I mean, New York's biggest hero."

"Well, I think—" Peter started.

"Yeah, no one cares what you think, Parker," Flash said and Peter rolled his eyes, "So, Adelaide, what did this dork do to get you to date him?"

"Well, it actually happened at your New Years party," she admitted, tilting her head and smiling at Peter, "I was scared before but I don't know...I guess I just realized I was ready to love you." He smiled his dorky smile back.