Chapter Sixty-Four

A/N: hi!!

i can't believe it's already wednesday, this week is going by so fast. i'm going home for the weekend tomorrow and i wish i could just sleep all weekend, but, alas, i have homework :(( these computer science labs are already kicking my ass and it's only the first one. another reason i should have majored in english instead. but i am a tutor this semester for english so i guess it'll be better than no english at all?

anyway, onto the chapter!

————————————————————
"I'm not really in the mood

to get shot at by some

Italian bitch tonight."
————————————————————

"So, what's the plan?" Griffin asked.

"I'm thinking," she snapped. Griffin glared at her.

"You've been thinking for the last twenty minutes," he said. They were still in that awful doll shop and with the sun starting its descent in the horizon, it was only getting darker from here. After sitting in one place for so long, Griffin could feel the side of his body that had hit the sidewalk starting to ache even more. He'd ruled out a cracked rib, but he suspected there was a fractured or cracked bone somewhere along his arm.

"I don't know, alright? There. I don't know what to do," she said, throwing her hands up in defeat, "You're clearly injured. Sofia's out there looking for us. We're half a mile away from my car. My hoverboard is pretty much useless now. I can't call Tony to come rescue us. I just...I don't know."

"...What about the Avengers?" he asked slowly. Her blue eyes snapped up to glare at him.

"Nice try," she muttered.

"No, I'm being serious," he said.

"Do you honestly expect me to trust you? After everything?" she asked. It was all she could do to not laugh. She truly couldn't believe that he had the audacity to suggest something like this especially when she had broken things off with him just a couple hours ago. How stupid did he think she was?

"You shouldn't even be here right now," she continued, "I thought I made it perfectly clear that we were done. I mean, seriously. You used me to get closer to the people I love so you could kill them and for what, Griffin? For revenge? You think killing the Avengers is going to bring back Thanos? Bring back Gamora? I trusted you even when you lied to me and all you did was prove me wrong. How could you even— How dare you think that I would let you hurt them?"

"I'm sorry you lost your father and I'm sorry you lost your sister, but you're not the only one hurting," she said quietly, "I was five when Lukov shot dad in the head. I was sitting in the backseat, I had no idea what was going on or how much my life would change in just a few seconds. They tore mom away from me before I could even say goodbye. And I was too young to even know that when they took her away from me...they took you too."

"I could have really used you then," she whispered, her voice breaking, "You might not have ever met our parents, but...you're the only thing I have left of them. You found a family again, but I was in that bunker for decades, alone. And ever since then, the Avengers...Tony, Pepper...Peter...they became my family."

"They're all I have left, Griffin," she whispered, feeling the familiar tears well up in her eyes, "So if I have to beg, then I'll beg. Please, please, don't take them away from me too."