Chapter Twenty-Three

A/N: it's finals season y'all and ya girl is struggling

and ok so im gonna say this and istg if i come back to this in a few months time and things are worse, i'm gonna throw a fucking riot. so the first omicron variant was reported in cali and it's supposed be a silent killer compared to any other variant meaning the symptoms are like mild and flu or common cold like so you could have it and have no idea. i'm more scared of things going back online than i am of catching it bc my mental health dived into hell during quarantine and if i have to go back, i will literally cry.

so if, by the time i publish like chapter 46 or something, what i just said becomes true and omicron takes over, i'm down to move out to the moon or smthg just lmk what you guys are thinking and we can like rent a cabin out on the moon if you want

anyway, this chapter is happy so enjoy for now until omicron takes over ig

————————————————————
"Because Betty and I have long talks

over the phone every night

and I'm actually cheating

on you with her."
————————————————————

"Ned," Peter said, making his best friend look up from his notebook. He was studying alone away from everyone else, in the sound room of the auditorium. He figured if he wasn't in the room with everybody, then there was less of a chance of him accidentally spilling the truth to someone.

"Did you tell anyone about us?" Adelaide demanded. Ned's eyes widened instantly.

"I swear, I didn't tell them," he said. Peter's and Adelaide's eyes widened.

"Them? Who else knows? I thought it was just Betty!" Adelaide said. Ned quickly scrambled to fix his mistake.

"I-I mean Betty and...Ned?" he tried. Peter gave him a hard look.

"Ned," he said. The teenager sighed, giving up. There was no way out of this one. He put down his pencil, deciding to tell the truth.

"Fine, they know," he mumbled.

"Who's they?" Peter asked.

"Vivi, Betty, MJ, and Flash," he sighed. Their eyes widened again.

"Everyone knows?" Adelaide asked, "Good god." She rubbed her forehead, squeezing her eyes shut. This was so bad. She should have known that the second Ned found out, their days were numbered.

"But it's fine now, right?" Ned asked hopefully, sitting up, "Now that everyone knows, we can end this whole thing here and I never have to tell another lie again."

"Unless..." Adelaide said.

"No, no unless," Ned sighed tiredly. That was his least favorite word. No more unlesses. He couldn't take it anymore.

"They don't know that we know they know," Adelaide grinned. Peter followed her train of thought and nodded a beat later.

"You're right," he said, "We can get back at them for trying to mess with us."

"I knew I was dating you for a reason," Adelaide grinned and Peter didn't know if he should take that as a compliment or not, "Okay, here's the plan. Tomorrow, you go on that date with Betty and work her until she cracks."