Chapter Twenty-Eight

A/N: helloo

idk what the weather is like where you are but it's super gray and dreary over here— perfectly matching my mood today 🙃

so anyway i realized that in chapter six of the last book, peter and adie met each other for the first time and in chapter six of this book, they made their relationship official. funny how things line up sometimes lol

anyway, enjoy the chapter (no gif today sorry)

————————————————————

"Adelaide, please calm down."

————————————————————

So it was evening and they had finally made it to Ai Fiori. And by they, she meant herself, Peter, Tony, Pepper, and May. Because, apparently, just her and Peter weren't enough of an audience for the billionaire. They had a private booth, of course.

It did not make her any less nervous.

Tony was one to act impulsively. And once he had made up his mind on something, that was that.

"What drinks can I get for you this evening?" their waiter asked.

"I'll just have water," May said.

"Chardonnay for him and I, please," Pepper said.

"Water," Adelaide said nervously and Peter said the same.

"And would you like any appetizers with that?" the waiter asked, looking around the table. They all shook they're heads but Tony held up a finger.

"We'll have the fondue," he said.

"Alright, I will be right out with that," the waiter said with a friendly smile before leaving them alone. The room felt like a ticking time bomb. Any minute now, Tony was going to explode. They all sat in complete silence. No one dared to say a word.

Except for May. She was very brave.

"So, kids, um, how...how was school today?" May asked. Adelaide and Peter both awkwardly glanced at each other.

"F-Fine. It was fine," Peter mumbled and Adelaide nodded, staring at the napkin on her lap. Truth was, they both were genuinely sorry about what had happened but Tony wasn't hearing it. He was obsessing over that the fact that she had been lying to him and fooling him like a complete idiot these past months. He felt embarrassed, honestly.

Not soon enough, the waiter came back with their drinks and fondue.

Adelaide quickly drank some of her water. Her throat was dry. A very common side effect of your father walking in on you making our with your boyfriend on your bed. 

"So...how long have you two been...fonduing?" Tony asked. Adelaide frowned at the billionaire.

"Fon— what? What's that supposed to mean?" she asked. Tony stared at her for a solid thirty seconds before I clicked in the minds of both teenagers and both adults.

"Oh-Oh my god," she cringed. She couldn't believe that's what he thought they were doing. Then again, he was a paranoid father. Of course his mind went there.