Chapter Thirty-Six

A/N: hellooo

so this is the interrogation scene that i promised in the last chapter + a couple of cameos of some favorite characters of ours ;)

hope you enjoy!

————————————————————
"You are here all the time and you never

once found a spare moment to tell me

that your powers came from a stone?"
————————————————————

"Were you ever gonna tell us this?" Tony demanded. He wasn't angry, but he sounded angry. He was just frustrated and exhausted. Adelaide tried to not think too much into it.

"It just never came up," she mumbled.

"You are here all the time and you never once found a spare moment to tell me that your powers came from a stone?" Tony shouted. Adelaide winced. He was worried. He was beyond worried. She expected this, of course. It's not every day you find out your kid has superpowers that come from one of the six most powerful things in the universe.

They were laying out her story together in the living room before the authorities got here for her interrogation. Things were going relatively okay until the stone part. Now she was hesitant to tell them about her brother. Even though it didn't have much to actually do with the situation at hand, she figured this was as good a time as any to tell them everything. Get all the yelling done at once.

Tony was suddenly deeply regretting telling the media about her. Everyone knew her face and her name now, but what if they all started to dig a little deeper? What if they found out about HYDRA and her history with them? Even worse, what if they found out about her powers and the wrong people came knocking at their door when he wasn't ready to protect her from them?

Currently, the billionaire was pacing the living room floor while everyone else was sitting on the sofas. He was a mess. His tie was hanging around his neck, completely undone. His dress shirt and blazer were wrinkled. His hair...his hair wasn't doing too good either. You'd think he was the one with the broken rib.

"I'm sorry but when was I supposed to tell you! Hey Tony, great coffee, my powers come from a stone, by the way! There was just always something else going on," she defended. Internally, she knew she should probably just shut up. In a way, this was an interrogation pregame and she was really doing awful.

"Tony, just calm down," Pepper said. The billionaire didn't even hear her.

"Do you even understand how important— which stone?" he suddenly said, stopping his pacing to face her.

"What?" she blinked.

"Which stone is it?" he pressed.

"Re-Reality stone...I think," she winced. Wanda had told her it was the reality stone. She really only had the color to go off of. And the Boss had also called it the Aether yesterday but she wasn't really about to trust the crime lord of East Harlem to determine the origin of her powers.

"You think?" Tony asked, "And I think the structural integrity of this tower is sound, but it could collapse on us at any second!"

"Бог! How the hell do you expect me to know everything!" she shouted, "I'm just a kid!" She immediately regretted the words as soon as they left her mouth. Happy caught her eye across the living room and winced. She'd walked right into the trap.

"Oh so you're a kid now? You were an adult just three days ago! You don't just get to pick whichever one is more convenient!" Tony shouted.

"That was different," she argued.