Chapter Sixty-One

A/N: hi :)

i am positively exhausted and need a vacation from my own head, but that's obviously not possible so here we are.

i've got like really annoying writer's block again and haven't written anything in weeks which is so frustrating because i want to write, i just can't. it makes me wanna rip my hair out of my head ughhhhh

i figured this story will mostly likely be over by this time next year and i wanted a new project/story to work on afterward so i started brainstorming ideas. i want it to be completely original work so like no fanfiction, but oh my god it's so hard to write an original story. especially when you've been writing just one character for the last four years and the you try to write a completely different character in what is basically the opposite genre :((

plus, i don't feel confident at all with my writing outside of wattpad and it just feels like anything i write is something a twelve year old would have written and ughhhhh like i know what good writing looks like, i just can't write it. or even plot it, for that matter. makes me so frustrated with myself

anyway, you didn't come here to hear me lament my dying skills, here's the next chapter

————————————————————

"Just you and me. Best one wins."

————————————————————

Adelaide was in the middle of eating breakfast when Griffin walked into the kitchen.

Tony and Pepper were out for their usual run. It had taken a while to convince the billionaire to leave her and Morgan alone in the house while her brother was still in it, but he eventually and reluctantly went. Morgan was still asleep and Adelaide decided to let her. The girl was a lot nicer when she wasn't crying and screaming and pulling your hair out.

"Morning," she greeted him as he sat down at the kitchen island across from where she was enjoying a bowl of cereal.

After last night, she had to admit that she had started to trust him a bit more. Maybe it was in vain, maybe trusting him would only lead her to more pain. But she wasn't a stranger to being betrayed and she was tired of mistrusting everyone she met. He was her flesh and blood and she decided to give him the benefit of the doubt.

He groaned, holding his head in his hands. She frowned at him as she waited for an explanation.

"I drank your birthday gift last night," he managed to drawl out. Her eyes widened slightly.

"All of it?"

"All of it," he sighed, dropping his head to the countertop.

She pursed her lips. This called for the classic hangover cure. A cup of dark roasted black coffee with an aspirin. She gave him just that after pouring him a hot cup from the coffee pot and shuffling through the medicine cabinet. He looked up at her unsurely.

"Tried and tested," she told him. He frowned at her as he took the pill into his hand.

"Tested? I thought you didn't drink," he said, swallowing the pill and washing it down with the bitter coffee. His face cringed with the aftertaste and he immediately reached for the box of sugary cereal on the island, crunching down a handful.

"I don't. Doesn't mean I never have before," she said.

"What's the plan for today?" he asked as he munched on the dry cereal. She raised an eyebrow at him across the island.