Chapter Twenty-Two

A/N: morning!

yes, it's morning and i'm publishing the chapter a few hours early cause i'm nice that way and also because it's thanksgiving and also because i'm back home

this chapter is another funny one solely focused on the whole padie vs friends thing and, yes, i did get the idea for all of this from friends but i think it works pretty well here so enjoy!

also no gif because my laptop died and i'm too lazy to recharge it lol but please enjoy this picture of a turkey instead

————————————————————
"Maybe we should go

on a date sometime."
————————————————————

"TADASHI, run this picture through your system," Adelaide said, referring to the only picture of her brother that she had. It was ridiculously pixelated but maybe she was still holding out hope for it to work.

"Anything in particular that you're looking for?" he asked her. She shrugged, sitting down in the chair at her desk and spinning around in it.

"See if you can find any details about the man in the picture," she said. As TADASHI searched, she tried to not get her hopes up too much. He probably wouldn't find anything anyway. Happy had said her brother was a ghost, completely off the grid. Adelaide chewed on her cheek as the AI filtered through the tons of data until, finally, her lenses turned up the words SEARCH FAILED in bright red.

She sighed. Yeah, there was no surprise there. She kicked up her feet on her desk and leaned back in her chair. At this rate, she would never find her brother.

"There is nothing related to this picture or the person in this picture that I could identify," TADASHI said, "Is there anything else I can search for you?"

"Uh, search my name through the HYDRA databases, and show anything about me that happened unknown to me while I was there," she tried.

"Searching," the AI said, "Found."

Adelaide sat up so fast she knocked over her pencil cup and nearly fell out of her chair. Her lenses were projecting a hologram in her bedroom of a map.

"What is this?" she asked quietly, her mind racing.

"HYDRA agent Vadim Graves smuggled a child that you interacted with at the HYDRA facility in Siberia in a supply plane that was leaving from Siberia for America." She recalled what Graves had told her about her brother just before he had died.

I hid him in one of the crates in the supply planes leaving Siberia for America and told Lukov I killed him. He still thinks he's dead.

"Where exactly was the plane's destination?" she asked and she held her breath as the map zoomed in on the southern US until it finally stopped and the name of the city popped up beside a pin just as TADASHI said it aloud.

"St. Charles, Missouri," he said.

—————

Adelaide was watching from the side as Betty talked to Peter. They were "studying" chemistry together for the decathlon, but it seemed that Betty was doing a whole lot of flirting and not enough of studying from where Adelaide was sitting.