Chapter Forty-Nine

A/N: please read!!

if you're reading this story as i update it, please read this author's note. if you're reading this after i've finished the book or after i've published several new chapters after this one, you can ignore this and keep reading!

to make part one be exactly 50 chapters, i had to take everything i wrote for chapter 49 (this chapter) and slap it onto the end of chapter 48 that was already published a couple weeks ago. so i would read the last couple scenes from chapter 48 that were just added so this chapter makes sense and you don't feel like you missed something obvious lol. also, i know i said two updates tonight, but this one is twice as long as a regular chapter and i added a good chunk to the last chapter so it's basically like two chapters!

other than that, this chapter is full of lots of action + a plot twist! so many things happen in this chapter, i could barely pick just one gif for it lol

the next chapter is the last chapter of infinity war and also the last chapter of part one! it is also a deeply sad and painful chapter so um yeah

but for now, enjoy this chapter!

————————————————————

"Now, we wait for our deaths."

————————————————————

"The heck happened to this planet? It's eight degrees off its axis. Gravitational pull is all over the place," flying man said, who had eventually told them his name was Peter Quill, or Starlord as he liked to be called. Adelaide could have sworn she heard that name somewhere before, but there was just so much happening, her senses were on complete overdrive.

The planet itself looked awful. Everything was in pieces and it seemed that no one lived here. the gravity was less than theirs so the lady with the antennae (who went by Mantis) was jumping around. Adelaide had learned she was mostly harmless. Her antennae lit up, but Adelaide had yet to figure out what for.

"Yeah, we got one advantage. He's coming to us. We'll use it," Tony said and she looked away from Quill to face him, "All right, I have a plan. Or at least the beginnings of one. It's pretty simple. We draw him in, pin him down, get what we need. Definitely don't wanna dance with this guy. We just need the gauntlet."

She nodded. She liked the part where they didn't have to fight him. Extraction was always easier than killing. The gray man whose name was Drax, yawned.

"Are you yawning?" Tony said. Adelaide winced, sharing a look with Peter. "In the middle of this, while I'm breaking it down? Huh? Did you hear what I said?"

"I stopped listening after you said, 'We need a plan'," he admitted.

"Okay, Mr. Clean is on his own page," Tony said to Quill.

"See, 'not winging it' isn't really what they do," Quill replied, walking over to them.

"Uh, what exactly do they do?" she asked.

"Kick names, take ass," Mantis said proudly.

"Yeah, that's right," Drax said, stepping beside her with his fingers hooked on his belt and an angry look on his face. Adelaide frowned.

"Alright, just get over here, please," Tony said hopelessly, "Mr. Lord can you get your folks to circle up?"

"'Mr. Lord'," Quill chuckled to himself, "Star-Lord is fine." He gestured over to the two to join their huddle of sorts and they obeyed. They all looked to the billionaire for their game plan.