Chapter Forty-Five

A/N: hellooo

okay, so here's the deal. i've got this chapter and then one more before i'm out of prewritten chapters. and since you've been around long enough, you know that either we will have to skip a week or so and go without a chapter, or i will abandon everything and write the next chapter bc of a random burst of inspo

either way, just wanted to give guys a heads up so we were on the same page!!

edit— in the time since i wrote this note, i finished another chapter lol so we've got two more after this one and i will probably end up writing again at some point even though i don't have the time 🙃

edit again— i finished writing another chapter that i didn't actually have time to write, you're welcome :)

anyway, this chapter is v cute and the next one is the start of infinity war! very excited for the new arc to start!! but for now, enjoy one last, stress-free, kinda spicy 👀 chapter of these lovebirds 🥰

i will note that this is the last completely happy chapter for the rest of this book. i've said it once and i'll say it again, infinity war changes things forever and nothing will ever truly be the way it is right now ever again. there will be happy moments, sure, but they will always be missing something, be bittersweet.

so enjoy this last chapter and hopefully you will be able to come back to these chapters from the last happy summer when things get really bad to feel a little better

————————————————————
"I'm officially a teenage

pregnancy statistic."
————————————————————

"Will you tell me where we're going already?" she laughed as Peter landed them on top of some random building. When her feet hit the roof, Adelaide stepped back. She looked around the city, alive with lights that brightened the night sky. She recognized they were in a less busier part of the city, just outside downtown.

"Remember one of the dates we had on the roof of the Tower and you said you hated how you can't see the stars from the city?" he said. She smiled curiously at him.

"Love, that was weeks ago," she said, "You still remember that?"

"Of course I remember it," he grinned, "Which is why we're going to see the stars tonight."

She frowned, "Not following."

He wrapped his arms around her, holding her against himself again as he prepared to swing them off the building. He shot a web across the street and a couple swings later, they landed on a dome-shaped roof. She peered down at the dark glass under her feet, trying to see inside the building.

"Welcome to the Queen's local planetarium," he said proudly.

"Pete, it looks closed," she said, looking down at it. He waved his hand.

"Yeah, no, it is. It's been closed for a while actually because the city couldn't keep funding it. Lucky for you, your boyfriend fixed a little bit of the technology inside here and there and got things to mostly work," he grinned.

"Have I told you how much I love you?" she grinned.

"Mm, I don't think so," he said and she rolled her eyes.

"How do we get inside? Isn't it locked?" she asked him. He took a step back from her and bent over to pull open a hatch in the window that had a broken lock. He held out his arm again and she stepped into him with a grin, letting him hold her tight as he jumped through the hatch and then shot a web at the ceiling so they could land softly on the carpeted floor.