Chapter Forty-Seven

A/N: hi!

we are back with another chapter into infinity war and today we are going ALL IN. this is how it all begins and things will never be the same again.

you guys this the last chapter for a while where they're all together. it's so sad 🥺

no tissues needed (yet!) but i can't say you won't need them soon ;) also this is an extra long chapter, almost 4,000 words bc i'm still on a high from the first book hitting one million views. i'm still processing it, in case anyone was wondering

alright, infinity war here we GO!!

————————————————————
"For the millionth time,

I do not have herpes!"
————————————————————

TWO WEEKS LATER

"MoMA here we come, am I right guys?" Mr. Harrington said excitedly. No one else on the bus matched his enthusiasm.

"I would much rather literally be abducted by aliens," Flash grumbled and a couple of kids agreed with him, laughing. Adelaide rolled her eyes. He was such a killjoy sometimes.

Adelaide turned to Vivian who was sharing the seat with her, "I hope he does get abducted by aliens." Vivian chuckled.

"They'd send him back for being annoying," she joked back and Adelaide grinned.

"Thank you, Flash for contributing literally nothing positive to the group once again," Mr. Harrington sighed.

"Except for herpes," someone mumbled from the back of the bus and Flash whipped around angrily.

"Hey! Whoever started that rumor was wrong! For the millionth time, I do not have herpes!" he argued, but everyone was too busy laughing to listen to him. Someone (definitely not Peter) had started the rumor months ago when they came back for the spring semester that Flash had gotten herpes over winter break and it spread around the school like wildfire until almost everyone thought Flash Thompson had herpes. And no matter how much he argued against it, no one believed him.

But herpes or no herpes, it was always funny to tease him about it. He always got so worked up.

"Anyway," Mr. Harrington continued, trying not to laugh himself. Even their bus driver was laughing. "Make sure you have your name tags on before we reach the museum. I don't need any of you getting lost. Let's just hope there's no more earthquakes this time."

"Five bucks something goes wrong," Vivian said to her.

"Something always goes wrong," Adelaide mumbled, twisting her songbird necklace around between her fingers, "These competitions are cursed, I swear. First the Washington monument. Then the earthquake. And I don't even know what it is this time but I hope we get away with something easy like Flash getting bit by a dog."

"It's his turn to take one for the team anyway," Vivian agreed and Adelaide nodded. "Where are Ned and Peter?"

Adelaide shrugged, looking around. She spotted Peter's arm on the head of the seat behind her and she frowned, wondering what on earth he was so focused on. She turned around in her seat and reached up to trace the vein running down the back of his hand with her finger. This made him look up, confused for a moment before his eyes met hers and he smiled warmly.

She was one of the only ones who could actually catch him off guard— his body didn't consider her a threat. And so she always tried to use every possible opportunity to abuse her power, whether it be throwing stuff at him randomly and wondering if he'd catch it or just running up to him from behind and jumping onto his back. So far, she'd learned that he did not consider bread to be a threat (she threw a piece of toast at him once and it ended up tangled in his curls) and he always, always caught her when she jumped him. Which she was duly grateful for.