Chapter Thirty-Three

A/N: PUBLISHING EARLY BECAUSE YOU GUYS THIS IS T H E CHAPTER

THE ONE YOU HAVE FLOODED THE COMMENTS WITH ASKING FOR FOR ACTUAL YEARS

THE ONE THAT WILL MAKE YOU SCREAM

THE ONE THAT WILL KEEP YOU UP AT NIGHT

TRIGGER WARNING BC YOU MIGHT OR MIGHT NOT CRY YOURSELF TO SLEEP AFTER THIS

(sorry for the tiny cliffhanger in advance)

————————————————————

"You called Tony?"

————————————————————

Peter felt the ground rumble underneath him, waking him up.

He winced, his hand going to his forehead where the man had slammed his gun into his head. That was definitely going to bruise later. But then his attention went back to the ground and he pressed his palm to the concrete. It had definitely been vibrating a moment earlier.

He sat up suddenly. Earthquake.

He quickly pushed himself up onto his feet, running out onto the street. Some of the stores on the corner had their windows shattered from the earthquake. A lampost had fallen over the road, blocking the street off completely. Several people were out of their apartments, looking around in fear. Firetrucks were on their ways.

Ada!

His spidey senses told him she was in danger and he was already on his way, swinging back to the expo center when Karen suddenly spoke up.

"Incoming call from Ned Leeds," she announced, "Answer it?"

"Answer it, answer it!" Peter shouted as he swung as fast as he could.

"Peter? Thank god you picked up! I've been calling you for an hour! They just announced there was an earthquake and we're all in the basement. Are you safe? Is Adelaide with you?"

Peter missed his next swing, falling onto the ground. Luckily, he hadn't been that high up to begin with.

"Ada's not with you?!" he shouted, panic settling in.

"No...she's not with you?" Ned said, "We just assumed she was with you because she's been missing ever since she went to study with Phin."

Phin. No, no, no! She got to Ada. Damnit! Peter was already running back towards where he came from, away from the expo center. He shot a web and began swinging through buildings once he gained enough speed. He had to get there fast before Phin or that bossman did something terrible.

Phin was desperate for her uncle and Peter knew that desperate people made for dangerous villains.

"Sh-She's not with me, Ned," he grunted as he swung, "Phin kidnapped her. I-I'll explain later. Just...Just call Happy and tell him to tell Mr. Stark that Ada's in danger! He'll find us, okay?"

"Yeah, okay! I'll call him, don't worry. Just stay safe and let us know when you find Adelaide!"

"Yeah," Peter breathed, "Yeah." His spidey senses were giving him anxiety that was fogging up his head. The phone call ended, but Peter still really had no idea where he was going exactly. He had been following the car for that whole reason. He thought hard about where the Boss had said he was going to bring Phin's uncle to.