Chapter Twenty-Five

A/N: hellooo

so i've gotten back home and it has been a pretty busy week-- i've been rewatching all the spiderman movies before the 17th and it's gotten to the point where i have to watch two a day which wouldn't be so bad if i didn't have a million other things to do all the time

i've also tried to pick up reading again, so i got a book from the library and i literally have not had more than 30 consecutive minutes to sit down and read smh

anyway, hope y'all enjoy this chapter, it's got a little bit of everything in it

————————————————————
"For the record,

once you've had enough of those brownies,

everything is acceptable."
————————————————————

Peter was following Phin and although he was no expert in lawyering, he knew that a fifteen-year-old kid had no business going to a bar.

He peered down from the roof of the neighboring building as Phin pulled her hood over her head, looked left and right, and then entered the bar. He frowned. He couldn't think of one solid reason why Phin would be at a bar. He didn't think she was the kind of person to drink underage, but then again, he had been proved wrong before.

He quickly dropped into the alley between the two buildings and changed out of his suit to his regular clothes. He pulled a cap low over his head to hide his face and stuffed his suit into his backpack.

As he entered the bar, he thought this would be a great time to have Ada's powers. He also realized that now he was the fifteen-year-old entering a bar, but he had good reason.

So, as most people who can't manipulate light do when they're hiding, he discreetly shuffled to the corner of the bar where he could observe without being noticed. His brown eyes searched for Phin and he saw her heading deeper into the bar, towards some hidden room. Looking around, he followed her.

There was a man leading her around the dark corner and towards an old wooden door. The man knocked on the door and then Phin slipped inside the room. Peter pressed himself against the wall as the man walked back into the bar.

Once he was gone, Peter looked around for a way to enter the room without being seen and that's when his eyes landed on the air vent right above the room.

Bingo!

A couple of minutes later, Peter found himself inside the vent, wearing his mask to talk with Karen, peering into the room Phin had entered.

There was a man there and then two other people who Peter thought were his bodyguards.

"I got your message," Phin said, "There's better ways to give a person a message, you know."

"Sure, but having my men capture the person and tell them is my style...you know?" he said mockingly. His bodyguards laughed. Phin swallowed.

"Why did you want to meet?" she asked.

"To discuss our plan, Phin. At approximately 3:00 next week on March 24, I will trigger the alarm system and all of the guards will go to their positions. One of the guards will drug your uncle so he passes out— it's more efficient this way, believe me. Then he will put him into a body bag and wheel him out to where they get their food deliveries. There, one of my men will wheel your uncle into a food delivery truck that will go back onto the ferry at exactly 3:26. The ferry will then sail back to the mainland and arrive there at 3:55. At 3:58, your uncle will be wheeled out of the food delivery truck, transferred into a car where one of my men will drive him to the warehouse on 117th street where you will be there no later than 4:05 to make the trade," the man said, "Understand?"