Chapter Fifty-One

A/N: hello and welcome back

you guys, idek what to say about this chapter. it's so depressing. i wouldn't read it if you're having a good day or even a decent day lol. it's probably some of the most depressing things i've written tbh

these scenes in the movie always get me tearing up and then having to watch them again to write this was just a lot. anyway, i would say enjoy the chapter but most of you probably won't :/

also, play the song with this if you'd like, i think it's mostly just sad instrumental

————————————————————
"I'm going to dream about you.

Because it's always you."
————————————————————

When Adelaide woke up, everything was aching.

She winced, her hand flying up to her head where she felt a slight bump between her brow and her hairline. Slowly, she dared to crack open her eyes. It was dark. She could only see the blurry silhouettes of three figures sitting across from her. Adelaide moved on the cold floor, pushing herself up and leaning her back against the wall.

Something wasn't right.

"Pete?" she whispered, squinting her eyes. None of the figures responded.

"Love, is that you?" she said, trying to push herself off the floor of whatever it was she was sitting in. Her limbs screamed in complaint, but she pushed herself to her feet. She realized she was back inside a spaceship.

Just when she was about to call his name again, a couple overhead lights switched on and the silhouettes materialized into people. It was just Tony and Nebula and an unconscious Griffin. Adelaide frowned, looking around. She glanced out the window, realizing that they were flying through space in who knows which galaxy. She turned back to the other two.

"Why are we here? And where's Peter?" she asked. Tony looked down at the floor. He looked sick. And injured. But Adelaide couldn't get over the feeling of her heart pounding like a jackhammer inside her ribcage to pause and ask him if he was okay.

"Tony," she said shakily, "where is Peter?"

"He died," Tony answered quietly.

"No," she replied so fast that she hadn't even realized the word had left her mouth. She shook her head, taking a step back. Her back hit the wall of the spaceship. "N-No, you're lying. That was just...That was just a dream."

"It wasn't a dream," he said tiredly, "He's...gone."

Adelaide didn't say anything. She stared at the billionaire, just blinking.

Ada...I'm sorry.

She felt herself sliding down the wall until her body hit the floor painfully. She sat there in that position with her mouth slightly agape as she tried to get her mind to work. She didn't even know what to think anymore. Her mind was just shattered with incomplete thoughts and incoherent sentences. Nothing made any sense. Images flickered in her mind like ghosts.

Thanos. The gauntlet. Peter. Titan. The snap. The screaming. Peter. The pain. Peter.

Peter.