Chapter 1

"Good morning, son," Hera greets her son when he sees Gulf sitting on the dining area.

Gulf cracks a weak smile. "Morning, mom."

"Are you okay, now?" Hera questions her son worriedly. "I cooked your favorite food."

Gulf can only flash a small smile to his mother. He doesn't know what's going on, but he has been vomiting for the last couple of days. He feels sick and although at first he thinks it's some sort of food poisoning, he can't help but worry when he still does after the first day.

But he also doesn't want her mother to fuss over him so he brushes it off.

Hera, then, gives her son a smile but her eyes clearly show worry in them. She breathes as she proceeds to retrieve Gulf's favorite food, in hope to make her son feel better.

The mother is about to place the bowl of chicken soup on the table. She personally cooks the dish herself since its his son's favorite food.

However, upon the sight and smell of his favorite food alone, Gulf's stomach flips again and he runs to the closest bathroom from the dining area.

And there, kneeling in front of the toilet, he pukes his gut out he feels his eyes sting. What is really wrong with him?

When he feels gentle rubs on his back, it surges his emotion even more. He feels like crying, and he feels awful because he has never been the type of guy to cry over something this petty.

"M-Mom," he rasps.

Worried and anxious, Hera hands his son a glass of water.

"It's okay, it's okay," she repeats, more like convincing herself.

The mother's hands feel clammy seeing the scene before her. It looks too familiar for her to ignore anymore. She has to do something.

"Get ready," she says after seeing Gulf calming down. "We'll have you checked, baby."

Thus, even if he feels sick, Gulf changes into his casual clothes and then the mother and son are off, sitting in the backseat of their car.

A suffocating silence engulfs them. Both are absorb in their own thoughts. Worst possible thoughts.

Both of them are swimming in their own respective notions of what's going on, they barely noticed that their car has come to a halt already.

When they arrived at the institution, Gulf silently follows his mother.

Gulf, even in his casual hoodie and tattered jeans, catches attention every time for his pretty face, lean body and tall height. And although most of the times this makes him uncomfortable, he can't even absorb the ogling eyes on him as he tails his mother who is a lot shorter than him.

Everything seems to be in haze for him, like he is treading a path of the unknown. And the thumping of his heart is not helping him at all, like it is about to reveal some truths.

"M-Mom...?"

Gulf halts as his heartbeat doubled. He can't seem to take another step forward, let alone wrap his head on what is on her mother's mind, not when they are standing by the entrance of the OB-GYNE section.

It's crazy how the soul knows something unprecedented.

But somehow Gulf knows and he is not dense to not know why his own mother is bringing him right in this section.

And the thumping in his heart is almost choking him as he remembers what happened on that one night. With that man.

"Son, baby, I'm here." Hera holds his son's hands. "Mommy's here."