Chapter 24

Mew has always been observant and he is keen enough to see that his companion has been grumpy since the time Gulf wakes up the following day and he wants to pull his hair because the younger won't say anything even if he asked.

As much as he tries to recall if he did something wrong yesterday, he can't see a thing. They get on with their day like usual as per routine, therefore he's out of his wits what is Gulf's problem.

"Nong, something is really bothering you, I can tell this much." Mew sighs as he lightly squeezes the younger in his arms before he asks, "What is it?"

They are currently having their skinship session by the lake because Mew follows the younger when he noticed that Gulf is standing and staring distantly ahead.

Mew has been asking the younger for the nth time, but as always the younger is stubborn and firm with his 'nothing'. And now that he is hugging the other, he can really feel that there's something that Gulf is not telling him.

When he hears sniffles on his shoulder, Mew finally has enough. He tries to pull away but Gulf tightens his arms around him.

"Let's talk."

Mew clears his throat right after when he realized his stern tone. But he can't help it, he doesn't like how Gulf is acting and here he thought that they are getting better at telling each other stuffs.

"Mango..."

Gulf's muffled voice on his neck barely reaches Mew's register, because Gulf's breathing on his neck is still something he will not get used of so soon, but thankfully he's able to manage.

"You want mango?" Mew tries to cover his slight frustration by trying to soften his tone.

Mew completely understands Gulf's situation but it doesn't mean that it has stopped to drive him nuts. The boy can just say it to his face. Why does it need to have to go through this way?

Mew sighs. It's true that they didn't sign up for something like this, but they are already here and there's nothing they can do but try their best. It's their child after all.

"Yes," Gulf croaks out.

"Okay, I will buy it for you."

"No!" Gulf exclaims as he holds Mew even tighter, Mew almost feels like it's a hard task to breathe.

"I...I want the mangoes from the back."

Mew rubs the younger's back. "Alright alright, I will ask the caretaker to fetch it for us."

"No...!" Gulf cries.

Now, Mew is close to losing his wits that he has to close his eyes briefly, because he needs his entire patience.

"I..." Gulf sobs. "I want you to...do it."

"Huh?" Mew's eyes almost fly from his sockets.

"Phi...g-get it for me." Gulf feels pathetic for crying over such petty thing but he can't stop himself.

Mew sighs as he can feel his neck and shoulder getting wet, he suddenly feels bad and although it's not him who makes the younger cry, he still hates it.

"Ssh...okay okay, I'll do it, don't cry, please."

When the younger has calmed down, Mew immediately commence to his given task. He is so close to feel traumatized with the other's pregnancy but he can understand Gulf. So, he carefully places the ladder by the trunk because basing from the younger's almost drooling face, he wants it so damn bad.

Mew can't help but chuckle. The boy looks like he's seeing diamonds on the tree's branches—mangoes.

"Phi, I want it in big, bigger and biggest. Only three," Gulf reminds, eyes not tearing from the fruits above, basically ogling on them.