Chapter 33

Mew is working a little too heavy when Friday rolls, as the documents are needed by this week and since it’s the last day of the work week, he finds himself going back to his old routine—working like mad. Not like he didn’t work hard for the past weeks; but having his priorities changed, he can’t deny that he also neglects some of his trivial tasks, thus explains the pile of documents on his desk.

He can only sigh. Having a good business which has been one of most successful in the industry for years means good money, but he can’t also deny that in this competitive market—where a slip can manage to finish you off—it can be pretty stressful, too.

What more is the founding anniversary in the coming weekend: that has been managed personally by him for few years now. He can only shake his head in disbelief. How desperately mad was he before, to even generally supervise the event personally?

But then the event is personal, as it commemorates the blood, sweat and tears of their family through the years. Their business, even how famous and big it is at the moment, had a fair share of ups and downs, and seeing how it remains to be on top, he can safely say that everything has been worth it.

Therefore, when Gulf asked the older that he would buy something on the cafeteria for he feels like eating it at the moment; Mew’s first reaction was to protest as he offered to buy it instead.

However, as the younger is also aware how Mew is trying to finish everything for the day to go home early, the man didn’t even have a break time after lunch as Mew goes directly to his desk, Gulf declines and convinced the other that he will be quick.

Mew can only sigh as he watches his closing door, Gulf now out of sight.

The older dials his Secretary’s number. “Boat, are you having your lunch in the cafeteria?”

“Yes, sir. What is it?”

“Gulf is going down there, just watch him for a short while. Thanks.”

After hanging up, Mew lets out another sigh. It may sound exaggerated but he feels agitated whenever Gulf is not around, and for all the incident that had happened whenever Gulf is alone, Mew can’t really blame himself.

And…Mew has been right.

Just few minutes later, a crying Gulf barges in his office that alarms and scares the older. He almost jumps on his desk to get to the younger who is now sitting on the carpeted floor, hugging his knees, sobbing…hardly.

“What happened?!”

Mew holds the younger by the shoulders as kneels facing the younger and scans Gulf for any sign of pain or wound or something, or anything that can put him at ease. He feels extremely agitated. Mew feels the familiar twist in his gut and chest whenever the younger cries.

“Please tell me what’s wrong, yai nong. Or I will lose my fucking mind,” Mew begs desperately as he cups the other’s cheeks with both hands, trying to wipe the profusely flowing tears, only then he sees that his hands are shaking.

But Gulf doesn’t even meet Mew’s eyes as he cries harder. Fuck fuck fuck, Mew is cursing in his head as he feels utterly useless at the moment. He knows something is wrong, because the other will not cry like this if there isn’t. He knows how Gulf cries over petty things but this is different.

“Please, yai nong. Tell phi, na…” Mew coaxes trying to hold his own emotion. He can’t bear to see the younger like this. Those bambi eyes, pooling with tears.

“Uh, sir—” Boat, Mew’s secretary, opens the door in hurry without knocking, but he stops on his track upon seeing the figures before his eyes.

“Let’s have it, later,” Mew says not sparing a glance to his secretary as the older continues to coax the crying man.