Chapter 6

“You may kiss the groom,” the judge says to end the short ceremony.

Gulf’s heart rams on his chest. The more the older’s face comes nearer in a slow motion, the more his heart crawls in his throat.

Mew gently rests both his hands on the younger’s hipbone as he lightly kisses Gulf’s forehead. He locks his gaze to the younger who seems nervous since the beginning of the civil and short ceremony as he can see how Gulf has been chewing his lower lip, and offers his small shy smile.

Still chewing his lower lip, Gulf forces to flash a smile a little wider. He can feel the blood creeping on his face.

The room then erupts into cheers which bring the two to face their only audience, their direct family.

The very private wedding is Gulf’s request to his parents, since he is still absorbing every reality around him. He is not yet ready to show the world how he messed up. He never even plans on telling anyone about the marriage yet, at least until he can still hide it, because once the baby bump will show, he will be left with no choice but to speak.

But until then, Gulf is hoping to keep everything so low or to the level of secrecy. He plans on telling Mew about it and he just hopes they will be on the same page, which he thinks is highly possible.

“Congratulations, baby bro.” Ohm, Gulf’s eldest brother, comes to him with a hug. He and his wife arrived yesterday from abroad to witness his youngest brother’s wedding. He knew everything and although the wedding is not the truest wedding anyone expected, still it is his brother’s wedding.

“Gulfie!” Danica, Ohm’s wife, crashes him into a tight hug. She always loves his husband’s youngest brother more. She can’t help but baby him because she always finds him too adorable.

Gulf giggles at his sister-in-law’s cuteness.

Gulf has been hugging everyone—his father, Ohm, Kao, and Danica—in his family for the last minutes, especially his mom who tears up because she keeps saying how she cannot believe his youngest is married already.

“Hi, bro-in-law.”

Gulf turns to see a beautiful young woman dressed in white, Mew’s younger sister, who also arrived yesterday because just like his eldest brother, she also stayed outside the country.

“Hi, P’Jom,” Gulf greets back. “You look good.”

Gulf is not good with strangers but something in Mew’s sister, probably her cheerfulness, makes him comfortable. Or maybe it’s the fact that he feels accepted for what he is.

“Oh no, if I look good, then you are looking gorgeous!” Jom exclaims. She can still recall how she basically ogled at Gulf yesterday only to be smacked by his older brother. Gulf is just ethereally beautiful.

Gulf blushes from the compliment and Jom giggles before she hugs him. “Welcome to the family, Gulf.”

Gulf feels warm upon hearing such words and returns the gesture. Funny how a small woman, compared to him who is tall, can make him feel warm, just like his mother.

Jom detaches herself when she hears her brother clearing his throat. She just wants to roll her eyes.

Sara comes forward and hugs the new family member. “Welcome to the family, son,” she beams which brings a smile to Gulf’s face especially when his father-in-law also gives him a short hug.

“Thank you, m-maae and p-phor,” Gulf shyly says, still not used to anything.

When it is time for everyone to gather in the dining area, Mew turns to his now husband, who is looking exhausted.