Chapter 23

Mew has been driving for few hours in a rather slower speed for the considering Gulf’s condition but the constant thing that he does is glancing at the younger who is peacefully sleeping on the passenger seat. He suddenly feels like an entire asshole as he watches the younger’s face which is a little pale.

Gulf’s morning sickness earlier is one of the worst. Mew can tell that much after weeks of attending the younger. He even suggested that they postpone it but the younger insisted; still he feels bad about it.

Mew just hopes that this vacation will help Gulf. He is aware how Gulf stresses over things plus his friend. He sighs. He plans to deal with Bright but he has to make sure Gulf is fine first, the boy is after all is top priority at the moment.

When sleep starts to wear off to Gulf, he feels confused for a second what is he doing in a car in a Sunday morning but remembers right away when he sees the older beside him, still driving.

“Are we still far, Phi?” he manages to rasp eyeing the flares from the trees outside. He can tell that they’re far from the city already.

Mew hands Gulf a bottled water. “Couple of minutes away.”

Gulf silently takes the bottle and chugs from it. He still feels a little groggy but he notes thanks inside his head for waking up just in time. He can bet if he didn’t, he will wake up again on a bed which means Mew carried him again.

“We’re here,” Mew announces as he slowly maneuvers the steering wheel to park the car.

When the car goes in full stop, Gulf hops off immediately, stretching his limbs. He closes his eyes for a moment as he fills his lungs with the fresh scent of nature surrounding him.

Opening them, Gulf scans the place once again. From every greenery, to the trees, to the lake which is only a few meters away. Everything screams peace, away from the noise of the city, from everything.

Mew grins watching the younger as he walks towards the boy. “Is it okay?”

Gulf beams instantly at Mew that for a second and caught off guard, Mew forgets how to breathe.

“Just okay?” Gulf exclaims excitedly. “This is like so great, Phi!”

Mew’s grin widens even more if that’s even possible. “Glad you like it.”

Mew lets the younger has his fill of the new environment as he opens the backseat to get Gulf’s backpack.

“I can see how rarely you go out, yai nong,” Mew teases the younger with a chuckle after he noticed how Gulf gapes at everything…literally.

“I’m a lazy ass, Phi,” Gulf shrugs chuckling. “Give me that.” he motions to his bag in Mew’s hold.

“Told you, no carrying of stuffs,” Mew says as he shakes his head.

Gulf scoffs. “Phi, it’s not heavy.”

“I didn’t say it is,” Mew nonchalantly speaks as he leads the way. “C’mon.”

Gulf can only shake his head with a sigh then follows the older.

Gulf is so mesmerized as he mindlessly walks absorbing the small details of his surroundings especially the sparkling water at the lake and the birds chirping on the trees. It is so peaceful and wonderful.

Gulf keeps on with it, suddenly feeling good, that he almost trips in the process, but a quick firm hold on his waist keeps him in place.

Mew can only sigh as he chuckles, too used to it. “This is why I can’t keep still when I can’t see you.”