Chapter 32

After a week, when finally Gulf’s sole is healed and Mew allowed the younger to walk again, Gulf asks the older again that he will visit his parents and although he is fine on his own, the older didn’t buy it so they ended up working half-day and after their lunch, they are off to Gulf’s parents’ house.

Gulf never really thought about it so much, but staring at the house he has grown up in, he feels nostalgic in a sudden and he never really left from the place this long.

He has been preoccupied with a lot of things, to even think that he has really not seen his mother in person for a visit since the day of the wedding aside from that unfortunate accident on that day in the hospital.

And he never minded it so much basically because of shame and he is also scared to see the same disappointed look of his parents. He hasn’t fully forgiven himself yet.

“My baby,” Hera runs to her son in a bone crashing hug. “I miss you so much.”

The woman is even teary-eyed seeing her son after a while.  She has been excited when she was informed that her son will be here today.  She misses him.

Gulf tightens his hug on his mother whom he misses so much. “I miss you too, mom.”

“Son.” The old woman moves to hug her son-in-law. “How are you?”

“I’m doing fine, mom,” Mew replies with a smile.
They talk as they walk inside.

“Your dad has an important meeting to attend to,” Hera says to the two men.

Upon finally entering the house, Gulf bids his mother that they will settle things first as they brought little clothes for the sleepover and for tomorrow’s office work. The woman agreed and asked the two to come down after, thus brought them in a current setting—in the Traipipattanapong’s backyard, tea for the mother and son-in-law and apples with ketchup to satisfy the pregnant’s cravings.

The three are chatting about random things. However, Hera can notice the subtle way of Mew caring for his son. And what surprised her most is her unbothered son like it’s the most usual thing in the world. She can only smile here and there throughout their conversation, happy to note the progress.

When evening came, Mew offered to cook their dinner. Since, he will be cooking Gulf’s dinner and he feels a little off if he prepares for the younger only.

Hera disapproves at first because his son-in-law, although, a family now, is still their guest at the moment. But when Mew mentions that Gulf’s can’t eat other’s cooking, the old woman can only laugh as she finally agrees.

Upon knowing that the older will be preparing dinner for the entire family, Gulf feels a little guilty for being picky. Thus, he decides to offer a hand—something he finds himself doing since his friend’s visit which was also the first time he helped Mew in his cooking.

Oddly, aside from Mew’s cooking, Gulf takes a liking of watching Mew moving in the kitchen. And Mew also told him once, as he helped him recently, that the older feels good when he cooks. Mew said it relaxes him and Gulf can see it, and probably that’s the reason why he likes watching Mew cooks.

“Aren’t you getting pro at this?” Mew remarks with a grin when Gulf hands him an ingredient before he can ask for it.

Gulf smugly smiles. “You’re easy to read, Phi.”

Mew can’t help but chuckle, his insides glowed hearing the other. “I’ll take that as a compliment.”

The two talk about mundane things as they smoothly move around the kitchen, laughing from time to time. Gulf, who has been constantly helping the older for the past few days, is getting familiar with Mew’s quirks as he cooks.