Chapter 28

When Monday came, none of the two men reported to the office. Gulf has been insisting to the older that he will be fine on his own, but Mew has been done with the idea of leaving the younger all alone especially that Gulf’s wound is not yet fully healed.

Mew can still remember what happened yesterday morning…

Mew woke up when he heard a painful whimper which literally put him in panic first thing in the morning, only to realize that it was Gulf who forgot his wound and was about to rush to the bathroom to vomit, when he fell back on bed because he accidentally put force on his foot.

The older quickly shuffled to his feet and carried the whimpering guy on his arms. Mew felt his heart ached seeing the teary-eyed Gulf on his arms and when he put Gulf by the toilet, the younger had literally half-cried while puking.

“Ssh, it’s okay, yai nong na. It’s okay…” Mew repeatedly whispered while caressing the other’s back.

The older didn’t really like seeing a crying Gulf, but Gulf had been nothing but a crying mess when his buttons were pushed and maybe the pain from his sole earlier triggered it.

“Phi…” Gulf started to cry.

Mew enveloped the younger hoping to give a little comfort. “I’m here. I’m here, yai nong.”

…Mew can only sigh. He absolutely doesn’t like the sound of Gulf’s cries, and he always feels bad whenever the younger does. He feels like he isn’t providing enough for Gulf.

“Nong, I told you, you don’t have to do this,” Mew says for the nth time again.

When Mew decides to work from home for the meantime, Gulf also insists to send his work through the older’s secretary, so Mew did. And Mew can even bet that his secretary has detected something, but has chosen to keep his mouth shut—something that Mew commends the man for.

Gulf huffs while frowning. “I want to do it, Phi. It’s my job.”

And seeing this, Mew decides that it’s time for him to shut his mouth. He can only stare at the younger worriedly from his desk since Gulf sits on the couch. He wants Gulf to rest, but the younger is too stubborn and followed him in his study to work nonetheless.

“Say, how about we watch a movie later?” Mew asks as he props his elbows on the desk, clasps his hands and places his chin on it.

Gulf turns to the older’s direction as he squints his eyes. “Are you trying to laze around?”

Chuckling, Mew replies wiggling his brows, “Are you reprimanding me, boss?”

Gulf smirks then purses his lips. “Depends on what movie.”

Mew can only laugh hearing the other. Simple conversation like this makes him realize the progress they made. Two months of living together might sound short, but so far they did well—something he never expected. Guess, his effort paid off.

True enough, after their lunch nobody went back to the study and they settled on the living room watching a movie.

Until, the doorbell rings indicating that someone is outside.

“Did you expect a visitor?” Mew asks, pausing the movie.

The question got Gulf chuckling. “This is your place, Phi.”

Mew blinks. “Oh…right.”

Gulf can only shake his head grinning as he follows the older with his eyes. When he hears the door being opened, he heard a squeal of a girl exclaiming ‘Suppasit’ which got him frowning in curiosity.