Chapter 20

After the slight drift, they are back again in their original routine. And Mew has been conditioning his mind to focus on the younger and not in his own wandering thoughts, given that he has time to do so.

Since after he finished finalizing some documents over the past weeks, his father has been understanding about him and he noticed how his workload magically decreased given his position. He is busy, but he can lazily manage things as he is used to working harder and pushing himself to the impossible.

Now that he is giving himself a room to breathe from work a little, he wondered how he managed all through those years.

However, when Friday came Mew can’t sit still anymore. He has noticed how the younger has been a little restless for the past two days. He doesn’t need words to know because Gulf would always say it’s nothing again, but from his viewpoint as he is sitting staring at the younger zone out on his seat, clearly it’s NOT nothing. He sighs.

Maybe this is how Gulf felt last Monday, Mew thinks as he approaches the other.

“You need a hug, yai nong,” Mew breaks the silence as he stands few feet away from the other.

Gulf snaps from his thought as he robotically stands and heads towards the older since Mew already has his arms open for him to sink into.

Sighing in content, Gulf closes his eyes to relax his mind as he feels Mew rubbing his back.

Mew can feel that something is really bothering Gulf. “What’s wrong, hmm?”

Instead of answering, Gulf snuggles closer on the crook of Mew’s neck. So much for being embarrassed, he breathes deeply from there as if imprinting Mew’s scent.

Mew smiles as he feels what the younger is doing. As days go by, specifically after Mew decided to not wear perfumes since their amusement park hang out, Gulf always does his thing on his neck and sometimes he can even feel the boy sniffing him which he finds amusing and adorable.

According to Mew’s research, this is normal for a pregnant person. He’s just glad that Gulf doesn’t find his scent disgusting, which is also common to some.

“You can tell Phi, na.” Mew tries to coax.

Mew feels hands crawling on his back. One of the things he finds cute is Gulf’s hugs.

Sometimes, the younger would simply lean on him, arms limp on his sides, without hugging him back but Mew can’t explain why he also likes it, Gulf is just like a child whenever he does that. And of course, whenever Gulf hugs him back.

“Phi…”

Mew hums allowing the other to continue. He feels the other adjusting his head because his voice is a little muffled.

“My friends…” Gulf hesitates. “They wanna hang out...”

Mew can feel Gulf tightening his hold around him. Mew can guess what is it all about but he chooses to listen.

“I just…I haven’t told them yet. And I don’t know…” Gulf trails off unsure how to continue.

Bright and Mild has been bugging Gulf to hang out, since it’s been a while when they last saw each other. But as much as he wants to see them, he doesn’t feel good about hiding something from them. Not these days.

Mew sighs. “You’re not yet ready to tell them, right?” he asks and he feels the younger nods.

Honestly, Mew doesn’t like the feeling that Gulf is hiding things. It’s not because he wants the world to know Gulf, but he is afraid that it would stress the younger, which, from his angle, is currently happening.