Chapter 19

When Sunday light peeks inside their bedroom, Gulf once again attends to his daily routine—his morning sickness—and Mew as usual assists the younger giving Gulf gentle rubs, whispering assurance and calming the younger’s emotion.

After breakfast, having nothing to do, Gulf immediately reminds the older about yesterday’s deal and they find themselves in a heated battle in a game the entire morning.

However, in the afternoon, they decided to indulge in movies and currently they are in the middle of watching a movie when Gulf stands because he can’t hold himself anymore.

“Where are you going?”

“I’ll buy some ice cream, Phi,” Gulf explains feeling his mouth seems to water thinking about the specific dessert.

Mew blinks. Indeed he noticed how the younger has been gulping…not that he has been staring at Gulf, or maybe a little, but he somehow felt that something’s bothering the boy. So, it’s ice cream.

“You stay here, yai nong,” Mew says standing up. “I’ll buy it for you.”

“Eh? I can buy it, Phi.”

Mew chuckles. “I know but I want to.”

Hearing the finality in Mew’s words, Gulf simply nods and tells the flavor that he wants and he watches the older’s retreating figure, whistling—which he finds quite odd.

Mew, on the other hand, can’t wipe the grin on his face. He knew it’s Gulf’s cravings talking and he is just delighted like some thorn has been removed somewhere in him because finally, he is there when Gulf needed something. Plus, he is in the process of fulfilling it. He concludes that he has made the right choice finally—sticking to the younger’s side.

After his purchase, Mew hurriedly prepares the dessert then he brings two bowls filled with ice cream back to the living room. Again, he witnesses how the younger’s face lit and he suddenly feels proud of himself. He can’t but chuckle. Gulf is as clear as day.

However, Mew feels eyes on him when he starts scooping from his container and he turns only to find Gulf, eyeing his strawberry ice cream, close to drooling. Instead of lifting his hand further to his mouth he put down his spoon and he bursts out laughing.

“You’re drooling, yai nong.”

Gulf then snaps from his trance and hurriedly wipes the corners of his mouth and he frowns when he found none as he hears the older laugh more.

“Phiiii…”

Mew extends his hand with the bowl of strawberry ice cream to the younger and he literally sees how the younger’s eyes shine staring at the ice cream. He chuckles.

Gulf gulps as he doesn’t understand how his mouth waters just by simply staring at the ice cream which if his memory serves him right, he doesn’t like such flavor. Strawberry flavors.

“T-Thanks,” Gulf mumbles, quite embarrassed. It must have been the hormones again; he doesn’t understand why pregnancy is such a so damn weird phase.

Instead of eating or watching the screen, Mew finds himself staring at the younger who is literally devouring the dessert like a starved animal. He can feel his jaw starting to hurt from grinning but he just can’t stop.

Gulf peers from his lashes to the older as he shyly asks, “C-Can I have more?”

And Mew can only shake his head still with a stupid grin on his face. Why is Gulf so adorable?

Gulf stirs awake in the middle of the night and he finds himself alone in the bed. The last thing his mind registered is Mew saying that he will follow him to bed. Where is the older then?