Chapter 2

After Gulf shared how he woke up with a stranger, he cries once more.

“Will you guys disown me now?” Gulf queries after he calms down a little. “Just know mom that I will completely understand.”

Hera bursts out in tears as she wraps his youngest in her arms.

Suddenly, Gulf feels protected. But above all, he doesn’t want to burden his family with his stupidity. He has been lucky that his family, especially his mom who has been nothing but loving to him, completely accepts him.

He is aware how some of his likes are being discriminated by their own families but with his, they never failed to show him that they accepted him.

And now, what does he give them in return? They have a reputation in the society and for sure this will never go unseen.

The mother and son stay in each other’s embrace for a while, before Hera pulls him away to wipe his tears.

“Let’s fill your stomach first son. You can’t go starving from now on. You have to eat. Then let’s talk later,” she gulps. “Your f-father…”

“M-Mom…”

Gulf is afraid how his father will react about it. He has always been a little distant of his father, not because his old man treats him badly, but there is just a wall and he can’t pinpoint what it is. Nevertheless, he is afraid because right now, the disappointment is seeping through his bones.

“I’ll always be here, son.” Hera assures his son. “I am with you.”

Gulf is tired of crying but his tears seem to be unstoppable.

⨳⨳⨳

There is an utter silence as three people waited for what is about to come, three completely different thoughts waiting to explode.

The air is tensed, like a telltale of doom.

The three decide to talk in the study, to avoid unnecessary ears after dinner.

“What is this all about?” Xander, the head of the family inquires, aware of the heavy atmosphere, which only means something serious is about to unfold. And he just knew it is not something he would at least celebrate for.

“X-Xander …” Hera clears her throat and gulps.

The beautiful aged woman is clearly breaking into cold sweats. “It’s about our…s-son.”

Gulf, who is the root of such atmosphere, can’t help but break into cold sweats as well. He feels how wobbly his knees are even if he is sitting across his parents. His hands are clammy. He is not even aware how tight he has been clasping his hands, his knuckles have turned white. He can feel how his eyes sting and he can’t help but be frustrated. He feels like crying again. He has been crying and although he had cried quite several times, he can’t recall himself as a crybaby.

He has to man up. Amidst everything, he is a man after all. He can’t let his mother suffer along with him when it is something he alone caused.

And so, with quivering eyes, he heaves a deep breath and utters the words he never thought he would say in his lifetime in a shaky voice and a lump in his throat.

“I’m p-pregnant, Dad.”

Gulf has been picturing what his father’s reaction will be like. But none of it is a question of clarification, at least.

“You are pregnant…?” the old man queries unsure if he is hearing the right thing.

“Yes, D-Dad,” Gulf confirms. “A-And…I don’t know the m-man who…” he trails off, lost for words.