Chapter 4

A week has passed in a whirlwind. Everything happened so fast that no one aside from the direct family is aware of what is happening.

After Xander Traipipattanapong's first visit, it was again followed by the second the next day. They all agreed that everything must be done silently and smoothly, above all, immediately, with no delays.

The bride's family will not let the media sniff anything suspicious, which is why they have chosen things to happen on the countryside.

Finally, here they are, in the Traipipattanapong's old mansion waiting for the Jongcheveevats for a formal introduction. Hera, who has been eyeing Gulf, can't help but feel bad for his son. Surely, this is not how his son pictured his marriage to be.

Gulf has been feeling like floating for the entire week. He's too out of it to let everything sink in.

Xander, being an influential person, decided to extend Gulf's school break. Gulf will start his internship on the later date. And worst thing, he has been lying to his friends-sprouting from one reason to another. He just can't wrap his head on anything and definitely far from everything.

The only thing Gulf clearly remembered is how his parents came to his room one evening and told him to get married to the father of his child. He doesn't even remember well how that man looks and he was told to get married.

The young man is not in favor of such things, because marriage is a serious matter but after his father explained things to him, he couldn't help but cry on his old man's concern.

And how can Gulf deny his father, who is only looking for his welfare? Knowing that he has his family is enough to give him a little strength.

But still, Gulf is scared. He will be living with a stranger soon, and a man at that. Probably, he will be disgusted of him being a man with a womb. And he can't help but worry.

He has never shared a space before because his mother is too overprotective of him having a roommate or even live on his own. He can faintly remember being excited when his mother told him that she will let him have his own place after graduation and now...he closes his eyes tight.

Gulf can't believe he's leaving home soon for a whole different reason.

"Mom, they're here," Kao, Gulf's second older brother, brings the mother and son to their reality.

Hera quickly dashes to welcome the guests leaving his two sons behind.

"Baby bro, cheer up a little, will you?" Kao wraps his arms on his young brother's shoulder. "I don't want my nephew to look like your ugly face right now."

Gulf smiles a little. His brothers also treat him well. Sometimes, too well they are like his own father. He shrugs.

"Handsome is handsome, Phi."

"Who told you that? You look ugly right now. I'm the handsome in the family," Kao teases Gulf.

Gulf shakes his head. "Don't even consider your face as human if my face is ugly."

Kao gasps jokingly and laughs. Then Gulf laughs with him which makes the older happy. He knows how his brother must be feeling right now. He can't say that he understands how hard it is because he never will. He simply knows it's hard and he is willing to be there for him.

They are talking random things as they descend on the stairs, quite oblivious to the eyes below them.

Mew, who is behind his parents, silently listens to the little chitchats of his mother and soon to be mother-in-law. He simply looks around the structure of the mansion which shows the age of its existence. It is a rustic mansion which appears to be cozy. And given the distance from the city, he can guess how peaceful the place must be.