Chapter 25

Mew is inside a café waiting for someone. He wants to hurry already because he doesn’t want to leave Gulf for long. Although he checks from his secretary to watch Gulf, he can’t get used to it. Well, he’s been watching the younger for almost 24/7 everyday so no one can really blame him.

Above all, he doesn’t want to taste Gulf’s random shift of mood, which has been happening quite a lot lately.

Mew can only sigh remembering fragments of it.

True enough, after their short getaway and after his confrontation regarding Gulf’s suppressed behavior and cravings, he observed some changes of the younger.

Gulf became very demanding sometimes. He gets pissed over petty things. He is becoming a handful.

Not the Mew is complaining but he has this gut feeling that this is only the beginning. He can only pray for what’s to come.

So far, he has provided Gulf’s whims enough or at least he was able to. But he doesn’t know how impossible a pregnant person can get so he can’t really tell.

“What do you want?” the rude baritone utters which wakes Mew from his stupor.

“Or you can order first,” Mew offers trying to keep his calm. Gulf’s friend is surprisingly good at getting in his nerves.

“You know I have work and this is not even a break, so stop beating around the bush especially because I don’t like you.”

Mew scoffs. He can’t see how Gulf is friends with this asshole. “The feeling is mutual.”

Bright only snorts as he leans back and crosses his arms over his chest. He might be facing the President of whoever he is, but he is not in the least intimidated, especially if he’s facing the man who ruined his best friend’s future.

“Let me give it straight then,” Mew crosses his legs as he leans back a little. “You know that Gulf is pregnant.”

Bright glares at the man. The urge to punch him again is huge. “And it’s your fault.”

“I don’t care about your opinion, kid.” Mew smirks. “But what I’m trying to tell you is, if you see Gulf as your dear friend, then don’t make him feel bad.”

Mew follows, “Gulf is highly sensitive at the moment and I don’t want him to feel stressed because his friend is acting like a kid that he is.”

If a glare can kill, Mew has been buried by then with Bright’s piercing stare. “You don’t know a single shit.”

Mew shrugs, completely unbothered. “I don’t know everything but that doesn’t make me know nothing.”

“If you’re a good friend, then do something to appease him, I don’t know if you’re talking to him but Gulf has been zoning out these days and I’m losing my wits about it until I think of you,” Mew confesses.

After their short getaway, he caught Gulf zoning out for how many times already with this sad look in his eyes and it doesn’t make him breathe better. He has been providing the younger with everything. It has been going on for a week, until he thinks of that incident where he got punched.

Mew sighs. “Look, I know that you hate me, but that is really far from my concern,” he says. “Gulf is pregnant and stressing about things that no one can undo is not good for him. I hope you will think about it like a grown up.”

“Thanks for your time, Mr. Chivaree.”

Mew stands and turns his heels. Bright may be a good friend but still he doesn’t like the fact that the kid is has known Gulf more than him. He feels conflicted about it. Whatever.