Chapter 21

As Saturday rolls, Gulf can’t decline his friends anymore. Therefore, he decides to meet his friends at last and he safely suggests that they will meet after lunch for him to be safe in case they eat out. It’s a bummer that he can only eat his meal with Mew’s cooking.

“Call me if anything comes up, yai nong,” Mew instructs the younger when Gulf is already seated on the passenger seat and he straps the younger’s seatbelt.

Gulf can only chuckle. The older has been fussing about him about this and that and even goes down with him until the parking area.

“Phi, I’ll just meet my friends, I won’t go in a warzone.”

Mew only grins with a sigh. He is paranoid, yes. But can anyone blame him? He and the younger have been spending everyday together for almost 24/7. He knows he’s acting like a mama bird but he still can’t help it.

“Take care, yai nong. Don’t miss me much,” he adds before he winks.

Gulf only laughs at the older’s antics as he tells the driver to go now. It confuses him sometimes how one time he’s annoyed with Mew, and another time, he’s laughing at the older with his endless fussing. He finds it funny.

When Gulf arrives, he quickly bids the driver as he climbs off the car. He flashes a grin before he enters the establishment. It is a two-store game theme hub café and ever since the place opened, it has always been one of their regular hang out places.

Gulf feels delighted upon smelling the familiar scent of the place before he carefully heads to the second floor, their usual spot, which consists of rooms since they like to have their own privacy, unlike the first floor which has only tables and chairs. 

“Gulf, my immaculate man.” Mild whistles the moment he spots Gulf, wearing a white hoodie and white sweatpants, enters the room.

Gulf only grins as he lightly pinches Mild’s cheek. “Fuck off.”

Mild can only eye his newcomer friend in a very weird manner as he touches his cheek. Since when did Gulf like to pinch cheeks?

“Damn Gup, you look too clean. Are you rubbing something on us?” Bright butts in as both he and Mild is wearing clothes accented with black.

Gulf can only shake his head as he shots an eye to Bright. “Not you, too.”

They talk about random things, mostly Bright and Mild, ranting about their workloads. How true those movies are in terms of almost abusing interns but unlike in movies, the supervisors they have are ridiculously too polite so they can’t decline what’s given to them.

Gulf only listens and laughs from time to time. He vaguely shares his piece so Bright won’t notice something odd. He’s trying to play in the safe side. It’s not like he can say that he’s working inside the President’s office, can he?

Another thing that nags him is when he will tell them the truth. As much as he feels bad about it, he wants to have few more moments like this…with his friends, just…boys about to go to the real world.

“Man, although I absolutely despise Mr. Baldy’s lectures…I miss him from time to time during work, at least I can sleep in his class,” Mild follows with a sigh.

Gulf and Bright can only laugh at their friend’s confession.

Bright shrugs. “I just want this to be over with.”

Before they can keep on, the server has arrived with their orders. It is their usual and Gulf then realized that he made a terrible mistake because his stomach flips in an instant when the scent of the chocolate cake hits his nose. He dashes to exit their room covering his mouth.