Chapter 27

After Mew’s task, he carries Gulf back to the living room and sits him on the couch, both uncaring the curious eyes on them.

“If you need anything, call me. No standing. No limpi—”

Gulf cuts in with a sigh. “Just sitting, okay. I get it.”

Mew shots the younger a look. “You said that earlier.”

Gulf purses his lips in a pout and Mew can only shake his head with a smile as he goes back upstairs oblivious to the two pairs of eyes.

“Well?” Mild asks and although Bright stays silent, his eyes spark with questions too.

Only then Gulf realized the two sets of eyes peering at him. “Well, what?”

“Um, you look married,” Mild finally utters as he munches on a piece of pizza.

Gulf tilts his head on a side as if asking Mild to clarify what he just said and his friend for years, of course, is able to read him.

“I mean, married married.”

Gulf chuckles hearing his friend’s words. “You really sound stupid most of the times.”

Mild raises a brow as he smirks. “This stupid has eyes, my friend.” He then turns to Bright who has been silent the whole time. “What do you say?”

“Huh?”

Mild shots his other friend a look, confused. “Are you high after winning straight, dude?”

Bright only shrugs, unsure what to say. “Well, you get along,” he remarks eyeing Gulf.

Bright can’t possibly word out his thoughts or maybe he doesn’t have one at the moment. All he knows is everything seems different. Gulf is acting different. Above all, he doesn’t know why he feels off seeing this current Gulf right now.

Gulf has always been Brigh’s best friend; he knows him all throughout, and these…whatever that has changed, he doesn’t know if he likes it. He feels left out.

Mild plasters a teasing grin as he hums in delight. “Right. They get along a little too much.”

Gulf rolls his eyes. “We’re friends so I think that’s given.”

Mild returns the gesture with his usual sass. “We’re the friends,” he emphasizes pointing himself and Bright. “That…” he points the stairs as if recalling what he saw earlier “…being carried and stuff is just different.”

Gulf crosses his arms as he squints his eyes to his friend. “How about I cut your sole now? So, I can take care of you, too.”

Mild laughs as he raises his hands in surrender. “Whatever helps you sleep at night.”

However, Mild knows. He sees something in the two. And he noticed changes in Gulf too. Although, he’s not quite sure what it is about, because it could be his friend’s condition. And although he can’t voice it out yet, his intuition is telling him otherwise

Then, the three decide to proceed to their movie marathon, they haven’t done it in a while too. They are at it for an hour, but Mild being the usual chatterbox, who loves to spoil accidentally, as he claims, so Bright constantly reminds Mild to shut up.

Gulf watches quietly on the screen and from time to time to his friends. He just feels glad to be accepted and most of all, being with them like the usual.

While watching the movie, Gulf mouth waters upon seeing the character munching an apple. And although, it is not how his apple must be eaten, he wants an apple.