Chapter 5

Gulf decides to go out from his room when he realizes that he can’t sleep anymore. He has been tossing and turning for almost an hour and he still did not feel sleepy. He slept the entire day after the short meet and greet, which still feels untrue to him.

He feels quite guilty by using his condition as an excuse, when in fact, he is merely unprepared to face the reality. It seems more realistic the moment he met his future in-laws and the father of his child.

Or maybe it’s just him.

The fact that he didn’t even tell his friends, especially Bright who will surely sulk at him or even get mad, is his subconscious way of denying reality. The more people know, the more realistic it becomes.

It is almost midnight and Gulf decides to just pass the time on the poolside area.

The house is quiet which means maybe everyone is already asleep excluding the security team loitering around the mansion. He sighs. How he wishes quiet and peace is the same thing, unfortunately it’s not. His mind has not been at peace for the past weeks.

He lays on one of the chaise lounges and gazes up on the starless sky. His eyes actually still feel kind of heavy from crying hours before but he always feels a little better after crying with the extreme tiredness he can’t put into words.

What will happen to him the day after tomorrow? After the wedding? After leaving home? After living with a stranger? After two years?

Gulf’s mind is gushing with questions and sadly, nobody knows the answer to them. He sighs. Only time will tell. But a small smile creeps on his face when he pictures the presence of his child by then.

“It’s cold out here.”

Gulf is a little startled upon hearing an unfamiliar baritone. He jolts to sit only to realize his future husband striding towards his direction. He gulps. Discomfort crawling within him.

“And you’re pregnant.”

When Gulf feels warmth enveloping him, only then he realized that the other person has draped a comforter around him. He seems to be in daze and he feels extremely awkward not knowing what to do.

“T-Thanks…” Gulf trails off unsure how to address the man. “Mr. S-Suppasit,” he mumbles faintly.

A soft chuckle brings Gulf to gape at the older, unsure how to handle the present scenario he’s in.

“Oh god, that sounds horrible,” Mew continues to laugh. “Please call me, P’Mew.”

“Um…o-okay,” Gulf stutters. “Phi…M-Mew.”

Gulf wants to nag himself for his worst behavior whenever he feels so awkward, cornered and surrounded with new people he’s not comfortable with. And he feels everything at once in the present time, because even if the man is laughing, the older’s domineering aura is thick in the air.

Gulf chooses to avert his gaze from the older and stares at sparkling water on the pool as he hugs his knees, clutching on the mattress wrapping him as if it protects him from the world.

Mew, unsure what to do next, decides to sit on the lounge beside Gulf’s, but instead of facing the pool, he faces the younger. He is watching the younger’s somber expression which does not go unnoticed by him even though the area is not that illuminated.

The uncomfortable silence filled the atmosphere.

For a short moment that Mew has seen the younger earlier, he can easily see how uncomfortable the other is around new people or maybe because of the circumstances. Still for someone coming from a well off family, Mew did not actually expect such behavior.