Chapter 37

Life goes on, waanjais.

The younger doesn’t know when or how, as he is too absorbed in his thoughts, but the next thing he knew, they are back in the penthouse, particularly in the living room. He is sitting on the couch and Mew is pacing back and forth, and as much as he wants to go run to their room and cry, he forces himself to stay with Mew. He wants to know what’s going on, at least.

It’s ridiculous how Gulf basically cries over petty things, and now that he has all the reasons to just…wail, he just can’t. Or at least he is trying not to spill a sob. He is swallowing every sob and quickly wiping every tear; his head hung.

“What. Was. That?” 

Gulf hears the older asks; voice menacingly low. And Gulf is certain, he hates to hear that. He hates how this Mew is staining the warm Mew in his mind.

“W-What?” Gulf rasps, barely a whisper.

That, Gulf,” Mew emphasizes. “You and your friend, wrapped in each other like some desperate lovers!”

Gulf has snapped his head up to a towering Mew who is standing few feet from him. He has his eyes wide at the older, confused.

And Mew has seen those wide eyes. Now moist with tears and it feels painful seeing the younger like that. But with a mind so clouded and far from his rationality, he misinterpreted it as he scoffs thinking he hit a point.

“Why? You didn’t know it was obvious?”

“H-How…Why would you say that?” Gulf can’t help his voice from shaking as he lets his tears fall freely on his cheeks. He doesn’t care anymore.

“Am I not right?” Mew sharply asks. “No wonder he was so mad when he found out, huh? And you got so worried about him.”

“Why…W-Why are you like this, Phi?” Gulf cries, not liking any of it anymore. He wants his P’Mew back desperately. Who is this Mew he is facing? This is not him.

“You could’ve told me!” Mew can’t hold his emotions anymore as he raises his voice. He is also feeling too much at the moment, barely holding himself.

Gulf literally flinches from the sudden outburst.

“What will I tell you?”

“That something is going between you two!”

Shocked.

Confused.

Lost.

Gulf doesn’t know what to really sink in first as he gapes at the older in disbelief.

“Wh…y…? How could you say that?” Gulf whimpers when a surge of pain makes its presence on his chest.

Mew laughs mockingly. But Gulf doesn’t know why it sounds so sad in his ears. He is so lost to where or how this issue occurred. He can’t grasp anything but still he is hurt as he can’t stop his tears.

“You two were hugging, Gulf. He was fucking kissing your hair and you were crying on his shoulder.” Mew simply looks at the younger as he balled his fist, nails digging on his palm because he holds himself to go to Gulf and wipe those dam of tears. Fuck.

Gulf is messily wiping his tears with the back of his hand, but oh hell be damned, he’s even crying more because he misses how Mew always wipes his tears whenever he cries. But the Mew right in his front is a little too far and he hates it. Mew has always been beside him. Close to him. What happened now?

“And…t-that…that makes you think…that we’re a thing?”

Gulf is beyond disappointed. He never expected this of Mew. Or maybe this is the real Mew and the Mew in his head is the one he selfishly portrays, because although not perfect, and a little messy, still that Mew is someone close to it for Gulf. He admires the older a lot that he never saw this coming.