Chapter 7

This place will be his home within two years, Gulf thinks as his eyes roam the new place. Perhaps, this will also be the place he will witness how his child crawls.

Whenever, anyone mentions or even Gulf himself thinks about the two-year marriage, everything becomes funny to him. He is always reminded of their official and weird introduction by the pool.

Two years.

It almost sounds like they are only playing house or maybe playing a pretty little family. The only difference is the fact that they are not playing, and importantly, there is a child involved.

Their child.

Gulf was informed that they will be living in Mew’s penthouse. He can’t help but eye the spacious area and heave a deep breath.

The two tall figures are stiffly standing side by side few meters away from the doorway. The reality seems to dawn on them once again that they will be living together as married couple for the entire two years.

And although Mew is older, oozing with confidence which seems to deflate on the time of day, he himself is unsure how to act in this newly found set-up. Hell, Mew is not even sure if he will refer Gulf as his wife or husband.

Meanwhile, Gulf’s head is also swimming with thoughts and above all, he can’t help feel awkward around the older. He has been convincing himself that he will act naturally around his newly found…acquaintance?

Gulf has been stuck with Bright and Mild all his life, especially Bright, both friends are male so he concludes that it shouldn’t be hard to be with another human being, and a man, maybe they can act like…friends?

Gulf sighs. Who is he even kidding? They are married. That alone is weird. But maybe…maybe they can at least work their relationship out.

Because he just hates the current atmosphere.

And clearly, the older is also flustered as Gulf is in this set up. The heavy silence speaks it all.

Gulf can’t help but chew on his lower lip.

“W-Where is…um…m-my room, P-Phi?”

Gulf doesn’t know if he will applaud or slap himself for breaking the ice with his stammering.

Mew seems to wake up from his dazed state upon hearing such.

“Right!” he exclaims a little too high. “Your room, yeah, follow me, Nong.”

Gulf might have laughed at the older if he is the spectator of such awkward situation, but he can’t bring himself to, for he himself is feeling the same. He is not sure until when he will last if this continues. With a sigh, he silently follows the other.

Mew opens the room. “This will be your room, Nong Gulf,” he explains as he enters scanning the completeness of the place. “If you need anything, my room is the next door.”

Gulf eyes the entire room. It is quite different from his bedroom, nevertheless the area is spacious and cozy. He spots the suitcases on a corner because he was told by his mother that his things were already delivered to prevent from tiring him out.

“Um, I can help you to unpack…if you want.”

Gulf smiles at the older and with slight shake, he declines. “I can do it from here, Phi.”

“You sure?” Mew wants to confirm. “You must be feeling tired.”

“I can manage, Phi. Thank you.”