Chapter 12

Mew and Gulf’s parents patiently wait for Gulf to wake up. The parents are determined not to leave unless they talk to their son. Hera misses her son dearly. She can’t remember being apart from Gulf for this long.

When Gulf slowly opens his eyes; Hera rushes to her son’s side first followed by the two men. “Son, are you feeling okay now?”

“Mom?”

“Yes, son,” Hera answers her son as she holds her son’s hand against her cheek. “Mom’s here.”

Gulf attempts to sit so Mew quickly runs to the other side of the bed and assists the younger in doing so.

Once settled, Gulf immediately hugs his mother silently, savoring the most familiar warmth.

The old woman, although surprised at first, envelops her youngest with a hug. She eyes Mew with a knowing smile on her face as Mew nods in amazement and understanding. He remembers what his mother-in-law said about Gulf’s recently-developed clinginess.

When Gulf pulls away, he calls his father. The head of the family then faces his son but before he can utter a word, he is being enveloped in a hug.

Hera laughs watching the scene before her eyes—something she hasn’t witnessed in ages. Her youngest hugging his father.

Mew, on the other hand, has to bite his tongue in order to hold himself from joining his mother-in-law. He watches as the old man awkwardly hugs his son back. Gulf doesn’t seem to mind, but Mew can clearly see the stiffness of the old man. He knew the old man didn’t expect it.

“You are indeed my son,” the old man mutters before sighing after breaking the hug.

“Huh?” Gulf asks with a curious frown.

Hera just giggles and pinched his husband’s side.

“Hon!”

Mew wants to laugh seeing the old couple—something he doesn’t know if safe to be done at the moment, so before any regrets, he shifts his eyes to the younger who eyes his parents curiously. He can’t help but smile watching a clueless Gulf. He looks adorable like a curious child.

Mew observes Gulf opening his mouth as if to say something, but the words are lost when the door bursts open revealing the old Jongcheveevat couple.

Sara runs to his son-in-law.

“Gulf, son? Are you okay?” Sara queries worriedly the moment she reaches her son-in-law. She is so worried after receiving a call from Mew.

Gulf is quite flustered. “M-Maae…” he stammers. “I’m okay.” The word is still unfamiliar rolling on his tongue.

Sara exhales a long breath of relief before she goes around to another side and beats her own son with her own hands.

“Didn’t I tell you that you take care of him properly?”

Sara slaps Mew’s upper arm repeatedly.

“Aw! Maae, stop it!” Mew tries to protect himself from his mother’s wrath which is next to impossible.

Mew’s mother is a prim and proper woman, looking demure but behind closed doors, only the family knows who she really is, his mother can be a real tigress with heavy hands. Even his father, who is at the moment only watches him with an apologetic look, won’t dare to tame his mother—the law in the house.

Maae…!” Mew complains almost in a whine forgetting his surrounding for a little—the impact of his mother’s wrath, indeed.

“How could you let this happen?! Were you too busy to care for my son?!”