Chapter 14

“Let’s just order, Nong. Is it okay?” Mew proposes.

After finalizing a proposal he didn’t get done in the afternoon, Mew goes to Gulf who is napping in their room, again. He really needs to monitor the younger from now on. He is a workaholic but to heck with his work. He has to set his priorities this time.

“Sure, Phi.”

With the confirmation from the younger, Mew just told Gulf that he will wait in the dining area seeing the younger’s disoriented face due to waking. He was even answered with ‘anything’ when he asked what food Gulf would like to order. He sighs. He really has a long way to go with Gulf.

When the order came, Mew immediately fixes the food. He is about to fetch the younger when Gulf comes around before he can stand. But instead of approaching the table, Gulf stands at least a couple of meters away.

“What’s wrong, Gulf?”

Gulf scrunches his nose. “Smells disgusting, Phi.”

“Huh? But this is—”

“Can’t eat that, Phi. How can you eat that?” Gulf can’t hide the irritation in his voice. How can Mew eat foods which smell disgusting?

Mew blinks his eyes before something clicks in his mind. “Oh, okay okay, Nong. Let me put it away. What do you want to eat then?”

“I…I don’t know,” Gulf replies in a small voice. Suddenly, he feels bad for complaining.

“Hmm, what’s the food that you seem to eat without feeling off so far?”

“B-Breakfast…” Gulf mumbles feeling his eyes stinging a bit. He wants to run away from embarrassment. How on Earth is he feeling so emotional over something so petty?

“Nong, don’t cry,” Mew says with a little panic in his voice as he hastily gathers the food almost shoving them away in the process.

“S-Sorry. I just feel like I’m bothering you so much.”

After putting away the foods, Mew hurriedly goes to the younger.

“Ssh, come here,” Mew utters as he envelops the younger.  “How many times do I have to tell you that you’re not a bother at all, na?”

Mew can hear Gulf’s sniffs from his shoulder. He sighs. He has been told how a pregnant person behaves but he can never get used to this.

When silence engulfs them as Mew rubs the younger’s back; he adds, “So, the food we eat during breakfast is the only food you like?”

Gulf hums in agreement. Embarrassed is an understatement. Gulf doesn’t know now if he is thankful that the older is hugging him or not because he is sure his face is in total mess.

“Nothing else aside from that?”

“Hmm…”

Although Gulf doesn’t want to admit it, but he likes this: hugging Mew. Mew seems to be the most unfamiliar person he has hugged so far but he likes Mew’s hugs most. And he will neither admit it nor initiate it. Everything just feels frustratingly ridiculous.

“Does this mean that you haven’t eaten properly every after breakfast, Nong?”

Gulf can hear a warning tone from the older voice which makes him lift his arms to wrap onto the older as if to calm the older. He is a little worried of Mew getting mad, because partly Mew is right.

“N-Not really. I mean, I eat, really, Phi. Just…they don’t taste…good.”

Lies. Mew sighs. Guess, the research is right. Strangely, he knows how untrue Gulf’s words are. Or maybe he has been witnessing Gulf spitting untrue words so much that Mew becomes skeptic with the younger’s words. But this time he can feel it, Gulf is not really telling the truth.